Bush Washing Machine

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we're a bit more primitive than that. We just use a big plastic bucket and do the whole job by hand. Mostly it's only soil so easily washed out.

When driving rough tracks I put the washing in a sealed platic tub on my roof rack with some water and washing powder....

All good ideas seems we all think along the same lines
Yes Simmo
When I was a kid we had a hand operated Lightburn cement mixer that had a lid it doubled as a washing machine cement m

Just finished washing my smalls in a bucket, no water but tank next to the shed till the plumber roughs in and slab gets laid. 😭

@ Mackka yes the old copper was also a part of the weekly Monday ritual ….

@ Olden yes that thought had crossed my mind…

All this is just research as I am still employed
Planing ahead so to speak

@ Mackka yes the old copper was also a part of the weekly Monday ritual ….

@ Olden yes that thought had crossed my mind…

All this is just research as I am still employed
Planing ahead so to speak

Mum used the copper and I had the job of cutting out a new stand a couple of times. We never had the cast iron stand so I had to cut the bottom out of a 44 gallon drum, cut the drum down to about 2/3 in height then cut an arch in the front to load the fire. Of course there were no power tools just a nicely sharpened cold chisel and hammer.

No quite suitable for camping 😅

Mum used the copper and I had the job of cutting out a new stand a couple of times. We never had the cast iron stand so I had to cut the bottom out of a 44 gallon drum, cut the drum down to about 2/3 in height then cut an arch in the front to load the fire. Of course there were no power tools just a nicely sharpened cold chisel and hammer.

No quite suitable for camping 😅
From memory ours was concrete next to the double concrete tubs and mangle. Ah memories.

From memory ours was concrete next to the double concrete tubs and mangle. Ah memories.
Ditto, our laundry was in the backyard next to a tank. First job when entering was dispatch the broom under tubs, copper and bath to wake up any visitors.
Mum had many notches in the concrete floor where the shovel made a dispatch.

I used my Camping Washing Machine yesterday and I used one of my medium sized lithium 500wh packs to power it and I set it to maxium on every wash and spin cycle and I did 3 loads this way, and still had power to burn, I like this Gadget because there are no stupid programs and just having 3 knobs to control it makes it as simple as the Old Engels that just had a rotary knob to control them,

Like I said this is one of my Top 5 toys,

My Washing Machine.jpg

I used my Camping Washing Machine yesterday and I used one of my medium sized lithium 500wh packs to power it and I set it to maxium on every wash and spin cycle and I did 3 loads this way, and still had power to burn, I like this Gadget because there are no stupid programs and just having 3 knobs to control it makes it as simple as the Old Engels that just had a rotary knob to control them,

Like I said this is one of my Top 5 toys,

View attachment 637
Ridge Runner
That might be a solution if there was unlimited water as you know that is not always the case here in the Australian bush here water is life….
Also a 20 l bucket takes up less room in the back of the truck / wagon

Latest posts