Burrendong Dam

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capertee gold

Works over rated
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone one been out to BurrendonI Dam of late
Dam level is 14%
Thats not alot water
Last time i went out there for a drive it was at 19% and we could'nt see any water from the rd
I hear there is good gold out there,but stay away from patatoe patch or the owner will shoot you if he's still alive
Cheers mark

Currently 17.5% and falling. If it falls below 10% I will have to go out there and replenish my supply of lead sinkers. :lol: :D :lol:

1444779149_image.jpg

Interesting thing is it takes 6 months to fill and 5 years to empty

dad used to say it only took a couple of days to fill in 67 because of the left over cyclone that flooded half of NSW,Dont know if this is correct or not,

mbasko said:
He'll not only shoot ya but blow ya up, kill ya deader than dead - more than once, feed ya to wedge tailed eagles, hang ya & make ya hang ya self then beat ya just for fun. Ask Narrawa about him - nasty bit of gear him. Makes Nundle Guy look like the patron saint of prospecting :lol:

Are the reports of this guy and nundle guy over exaggerated? I've seen people claiming to have guns pulled on them Surly something as serious as that would result in police action.

Pegleg said:
Surly something as serious as that would result in police action.
So would trespassing you would think but people still do it? :/

Never been to Nundle but I reckon the Burrendong stories are just that stories - notice the liberal amounts of BS in my post :lol:

These stories are most likely fabricated by a person or persons wanting to keep others away. There are some properties where you won't get any access fullstop - they don't want people on their property - but I have never heard of guns being pulled out there & I've known one property owner for over 30 years.
The key is to get permission before entering onto any property & you won't have to be concerned with "stories"!

Latest posts