Bluetooth use GPX 6000 and GPZ 7000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mod Edit:
Post copied from Lesgolds Video thread.

Hi Les notice you have been using a blue tooth receiver on the 6000 with the spo1. What brand of blue tooth receiver have you been using and does it have a lag. Grime

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Grime. I use a low latency SoundPEATS transmitter/ receiver that I purchased on Amazon. It does the job very well with no apparent lag. I dont use the 6 without it.

Cheers

Les

Thanks Les I have tried a few and all have a lag. Do you use the 6000 blue tooth transmit function or use another of the units to transmit and another to receive n

Hi Grime. I use a low latency SoundPEATS transmitter/ receiver that I purchased on Amazon. It does the job very well with no apparent lag. I dont use the 6 without it.

Cheers

Les
Hi Les
Mate can you use that blue tooth set up on the 7000 as well
Cheers

Hi Les
Cheers
You can but you need a Bluetooth transmitter (tx) unit & a receiver (rx) unit as Bluetooth isn't built into the GPZ.
Some I tested produced a lot of background hum/noise too.
Sort of defeats the purpose a bit but could be used as a back up if the WM12 were to go flat or fail for any reason.
The WM12 operates on Minelab's own proprietary RF wireless system & isn't compatible with Bluetooth.

Hi Les
Cheers
I tried it, problem is that the Aptx (low latency) transmitter created so much EMI it was unusable. If you could keep the transmitter at least 30cm away from the main body of the 7000 it would work and work well, but where do you put it? I guess you could add a short pillar to the screen box and have it above the screen, EMI wasn't a big problem there but I just went back to the WM12
The 6000 transmits Bluetooth so works awesome with one Aptx set as a receiver & plugged in to a booster (Steelphase for me) to use earbuds instead of those sweaty headphones.

All the bluetooth devices have a time lag-you have to adjust your swing speed to slow to pin down the target or use a good pinpointer.
No they don't
Bluetooth running Aptx is low latency with no apparent lag.
Examples are connected to a TV lip movement is out of kilter with sound through normal Bluetooth devices, if using Aptx the lip movement and sound are true.
Same works on a detector so swing past the target then hear it or with Aptx swing over it & hear it. They are not equal.

Another thing about the transmitters is the battery life most is pathetic & seem to have about 5-6hrs of play time which is about as useful as tits on a bull unless you buy 2, so check that before you buy, mine claim a run for up to 15hrs (I've run for 10 and was still going strong, my body & day light gives up before that will)

Latest posts