Bites and stings, night detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day

Surprised to hear that the good old huntsman spider is harmful to some people?, I have been bitten several times now by huntsmen and never had any reaction apart from a bit of localized itching, guess I will have to stop snatching them up when I see one and throwing them at people, very funny though if you want to see a grown man squeal like a school girl :lol: , one time I rushed out to the washing line in a hurry and grabbed my work shorts, dragged them on and then felt something run down my leg, big ass huntsman, didn't bite me luckily and maybe a bite on the nuts wouldn't be without some discomfort.

Lots of critters are out at night and on the ground, some areas where we go there are thousands of spiders about and if you shine your torch about on the ground their beady little eyes shine like jewels, also scorpions and big fat centipedes, so like to keep the boots on at night as well, one time while sitting around the fire I felt something moving up the leg of my pants, I grabbed it in the folds of the fabric and squashed it, stood up and shook it out, couldn't believe my eyes when a big orange and black wasp dropped to the ground, now a bite on the nuts from that would definitely get you honking.

cheers

stayyerAU

All good to go now guys.

That "Phage therapy" sounds interesting, my boot on the bug sounds better so it didnt happen in the first place. :lol: :lol:

Will be out hunting for trinkets with Kato next week, lots of places to search.

I WILL be wearing long pants, I assure you all. ;)

:)

Latest posts