big nugget found

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little more than nice, it's a Jaw dropper. Fantastic find that will get his wife off his back now for spending so much money on a detector. lol

Does it look a little fake to you guys? I know its hard to tell from the image but there's just something about the whole thing that doesn't seem right to me. One of the news writeups was more focused on how the GPX5000 is the best metal detector in the world than it was on the actual nugget. I'm wondering if its an (out of control) paid stunt to boost sales :|

I thought that too Nugget when I first seen it :eek: But then again I can show you 3 different nuggets from 3 different places and they all look different in some way or another. The difference between Nundle gold and Hill End gold can be like looking a chalk and cheese so to speak.

Nugget to much publicity for it to be a fake. But I agree the first Photo's I saw I said the same thing is it a fake. I've now watch more than one youtube. TV , Ballarat courier mailnewspaper. Just too much publicity now so it will be real.

If it were to be fake, my initial thought was maybe it was published on an online news site and got republished and regurgitated on other news sites until it got to the point that it is now. Kind of like when someone published that Morgan Freeman was dead, all of a sudden it's was all over the net and to the reader he was dead until proven otherwise. Morgan Freeman is not dead by the way ;)

I'm going to assume its the real deal until I hear otherwise :)

I love how the YouTube preview mentions India in the scroller at the bottom of the screen (big demand on gold there and also reminds me of that Gold shirt that was recently made) :)

Coming back to the nugget; "shiny" is all I could say after spending a few minutes cleaning the drool from my Keyboard :p

Latest posts