Belts and accessories for treasure / coin hunting - what do you use?

Reaction score
This is probably old hat for the veterans here but I figured I'd share a handy device I found for attaching tools to my metal detecting belt.

It's a toggle fitting to hang things like digging trowels or pin pointers from. It seems reasonably secure and is quick to re-hitch.

It's sold as a tool belt accessory at tool shops.

Anyone have other handy things like this to share?

20220902_171907.jpg

bicter

Terry
Reaction score
This is probably old hat for the veterans here but I figured I'd share a handy device I found for attaching tools to my metal detecting belt.

It's a toggle fitting to hang things like digging trowels or pin pointers from. It seems reasonably secure and is quick to re-hitch.

It's sold as a tool belt accessory at tool shops.

Anyone have other handy things like this to share?

View attachment 4128
Those Bigluggs are what is used as the pivot for hipsticks. Very effective in transferring the weight of your detector onto your hip :)
Look at https://www.prospectorspatch.com.au/product/hipstick-large-50/ to give you an idea of how they work.

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Reaction score
Probably have a few DD pick holders to give away. Personally I won't carry my pick in belt for if you should fall I'm not to keen on where it could end up. In your hand you can just throw it away from you 🤔
Can recommend this belt from DD Leather, it's width makes it super comfortable for long days.
DD belt.jpg

Last edited:

Nightjar

Contributor Plus
Reaction score
Have been carrying our picks on our chest since the SD2100 days, no they're not ones with 700mm handles, realistic one for the 99% shallow digs in WA. If a rare deep dig comes along just grab the bigger one in the ute. How prospectors can walk around all day with the pick balancing on their shoulder beats me, how do they keep the flies away? 🤣

Pickcamelback.jpg

Pickcamelback2.jpg

Last edited:

Diginit

Gavin of Garfield
Reaction score
Have been carrying our picks on our chest since the SD2100 days, no they're not ones with 700mm handles, realistic one for the 99% shallow digs in WA. If a rare deep dig comes along just grab the bigger one in the ute. How prospectors can walk around all day with the pick balancing on their shoulder beats me, how do they keep the flies away? 🤣
Easy bloke .......................... but love a dollar for every smack in the head I've given myself 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reaction score
Comfy looking belt.
Yes it is mate , works for me may not work for others . I changed the belt to a military surplus belt as the one that came with it was crap and got the wife to cut the old belt up and stitch it to the harness so I can run the cable through it to keep it all out the way

Last edited:

Latest posts