Bellows crevice sucker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Worth a try...

After much discussion of late on crevice suckers I thought I'd have a crack at making something from ideas found around the place.
All parts are simple plumbing bits from my local hardware store except from the bellows which are a rubber steering boot from a car parts store.

I haven't quite finished it yet - will make a "T" piece handle to operate the bellows & put a couple of hose clamps on the rubber boot joints for strength & keep them air tight.

1384291439_image.jpg

There's no valves so there's only suction on the upward stroke.
I'm hoping that any material left in the hose that didn't make it to the collection pipe would stay in the tube as long as the bellows are kept on the upward stroke. Tip hose up & material could flow into the collection pipe or be pumped out into a pan or bucket.

1384291921_image.jpg

Looks good Marty, so the dirt get sucked up the clear pipe into the poly? nice big holding tank.. hope it works for you mate, I saw a hand drain cleaner thing in Bunnings yesterday, near the plungers.. looks like a bike pump, not sure if it sucks or blows or both, cost $12.. that may work also.

Good luck with it

Cheers, Tone

Yeah Tone, the 40mm pvc will be the collection part.

Tried it on dirt from the shed floor last night & it sucked that & all sorts of metal shavings up no probs.

Thinking the suction would be better once the whole unit is full of water.

classic ag man, theres a plunger like that boot you used at bunnings for $5 hope this little fella works might make one myself :)

Latest posts