Before You Buy from Anaconda

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone that is going to buy anything from Anaconda

Last week I was in the market for a CFX-65DS (Fridge) plus cover. Anaconda had it on special for $1299. Not a bad deal. Normal retail is $1768

I found the same deal online at Tent World for $1239.99

Told Anaconda and they beat the Tent World price by 10 percent.

So I ended up paying just $1115.99

Here is a link to Tent World.

https://www.tentworld.com.au/

The bloke I dealt with at Anaconda told me that they get beaten by tent world on just about everything that they sell.

Its well worth looking at the tent world site before you go shopping at Anaconda.

I would prefer to buy from a place like Tent World to support the little bloke but if you can save decent $$ I will buy from places like anaconda.

I dont mind paying a couple of $ more for a decent product from a place like TW but when you factor shipping cost into it local places will win out most times.

Thats a nice little savings there bob it pays to shop around. Also pays to ask the bloke on the day if they can do any better.

Personally i support companies like anaconda they were the first store to being the cost down on camping gear and being a part of the spotlight group for me they've kind of been around forever. I spent alot more money at anaconda than bfc and tentworld ive not found anywhere ive lived untill living in brisbane.

What gets me is now bfc owns rays outdoors and they sell the same product lines at differnent rates and compete witj each other. Same ceo different general managers i think thats poor form.

Ill be sure to go and checkout tentworld now

I had the same sought of experience last week when I bought a Waeco TC-14FL at Anaconda for $199. It is normally $239. Tent World was selling the same one on eBay for $199, which Anaconda price matched.
Anaconda's price matching or beating policy, which I read on their website, says they will beat it by 10%, for in store same State competitor offers. Tent World is in Qld and I am in Vic. So by rights the price matching would not apply. I was ready for this but thought I'd give it a go.
I just mentioned Tent World and free delivery, which it was through Tent World on eBay, and the sales person was quick to jump on the computer to see what sort of deal he could do.
I was very happy with the priced matched result and walked out of the shop with one under my arm.
The fridge seems to work well. As a test it cooled a couple of cans of drink from room temp in a few hours. It cools to 1deg C and up to 30 deg cooler from ambient. I couldn't afford a fridge freezer and felt for the price it was a good solution for me when out detecting on my own. It will hold a bottle of milk standing up, 6 cans of drink, butter, milk, cheese, sliced meat; enough perishables for a few days. Will give it a real life run just after Xmas.

A goodbye.

Re (Anaconda's price matching or beating policy, which I read on their website, says they will beat it by 10%, for in store same State competitor offers. Tent World is in Qld and I am in Vic. So by rights the price matching would not apply. I was ready for this but thought I'd give it a go.)

Price matching does not apply in the 2 Anaconda SA stores that I have visited, does not meet " for in store same State competitor offers."

Hi all,

I have found places like Bunnings and BCF here in Queensland have price matched and beat by 10% from adds I have found on internet from interstate with free shipping. No problems as they normally have the item in store and can pick up straight away. All you have to do is the research and the balls to ask them if they will price match.

Works most times.

Cheers :p :p

Doug

DropBear said:
JB Hifi also will go out of their way. :)

and if they don't accept your online price, some of them will google a deal so they can use it. Usually cheaper than what you originally found :)

Actually caught JB HIFI doing a little dodgy internet work. I wanted to buy an item in Bendigo but it was not available only online. The Item was $25 online from home in Bendigo. I was working in Melbourne so I went to one of their stores but the item was not available, online from Melbourne it was $17 so the web search must detect your location and have different prices for the area.

not good

Latest posts