Australian One Dollar Coin

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was the weekly pay rate for you--PMG paid me Approx $15-00 per fortnight. Super petrol was 19c a gallon-work that out. Somehow as an 18 yr old i would still be flat broke every fortnight with a good credit at our local garage.

Before I joined the RAAF in 70 I was on the Electricity Commission Of Victoria as a Linesmans Assistant with a Main Substation Maintenance crew and was getting 35 dollars a fortnight of which I gave half to Mum. After two years of saving I bought my first motor bike. When I joined the RAAF my pay jumped to around 75 dollars a fortnight and I thought I was filthy rich.
Yeah I remember Super being around the 19 to 25 cents a gallon which is approx 4.75 to 6.25 cents per litre.

Do you recall the Automatic petrol stations where your put your money in a slot to get your petrol. I thought they were okay but they did not seem to last long before being discontinued.

So after inflation, oil company and Tax rip offs What would that convert to today ??? Anybody like to have a guess?

Latest posts