ATX with alternative coils

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grubstake

Moderating Team
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Garrett ATX with a couple of interesting alternative coils has come up on eBay today (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Metal-d...175993?hash=item4204407a39:g:H8sAAOSwq5tdICSQ).

I heard of people trialling Infinium coils on the ATX some years ago, but can't remember how well they went:
1562408407_atx_infin.jpg

Then there's this - is that coil an old NuggetFinder?:
1562408468_atx_wot_coil.jpg

Infinium LS DD coils work well on an ATX, incidentally the original open ATX DD coil also work well on an Infinium LS.

Video don't seem to work, it was just me using an ATX with an Infinium coil on a beach outing.

Trying out an ATX coil on the Axiom.
It works but need modification on the shaft in order to fit, perhaps I will do it later.

Attachments

• DSCF1579_400.JPG
    DSCF1579_400.JPG
    503.8 KB · Views: 0
  • ATX with Infinium coil on beach.jpg
    ATX with Infinium coil on beach.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
If the link is not allowed, then just remove it.

Video don't seem to work, it was just me using an ATX with an Infinium coil on a beach outing.

It works but need modification on the shaft in order to fit, perhaps I will do it later.

Is the video in a private group?
I can't find it on there to see if I can fix the link.

Your game! Ivan haha. I haven't been out yet, just been down the road away from the EMI trying different things so far very happy with Axiom. Can't wait to get out end of May.

Cheers

Your game! Ivan haha. I haven't been out yet, just been down the road away from the EMI trying different things so far very happy with Axiom. Can't wait to get out end of May.

Cheers
Yep now's not a good time. there's a fence in there. :rolleyes: :D

Grass 11.jpg

Grass 13.jpg

Cheers
Best way to know for sure what a detector can do, is to try it yourself.
Picture here is after a beach outing using the Infinium LS with an ATX DD-FC coil.

Attachments

• P7029336_800.JPG
    P7029336_800.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 0
Best way to know for sure what a detector can do, is to try it yourself.
Picture here is after a beach outing using the Infinium LS with an ATX DD-FC coil.
Have you tried the axiom dd coil on the atx? I've been thinking about converting my atx to a regular shaft and the 11x7 dd fc would be ideal. I want an 8 inch mono but no way I'm spending that much for just a coil.

Have you tried the axiom dd coil on the atx? I've been thinking about converting my atx to a regular shaft and the 11x7 dd fc would be ideal. I want an 8 inch mono but no way I'm spending that much for just a coil.
Coils I use on both the ATX and Infinium LS.

Attachments

• PA098258.JPG
    PA098258.JPG
    812.2 KB · Views: 0