AT-PRO vs AT-PRO International

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The question has been asked, what is the difference between the AT-PRO and AT-PRO International? After a bit of researching, I've put together a breakdown of the ONLY differences between the US and International versions.

AT-PRO US
Target ID Cursor Segments = 12
Length (Adjustable) = 42" to 51" (1.06m - 1.29m)
Tones = Low (0-39) Mid (39-75) High (75-99)
Display Panel = Depth displayed in Inches, variations in the Target ID Legend

AT-PRO International
Target ID Cursor Segments = 20
Length (Adjustable) = 43" to 56" (1.09m - 1.42m)
Tones = Low (0-39) Mid (39-50) High (50-99)
Display Panel = Depth displayed in Centimeters, variations in the Target ID Legend

Everything else such as frequency, weight etc are exactly the same.

Below is an image that shows the visual differences between the two.

5jty7p.jpg

That's why I like the international (although as of November 2012 the AT PROS are all international models) as it has the high tone spread 50 - 99. 99% of our coins will fall in this range, the exception is the 5c.

I prefer personally the CSI Pro it got a tone spread very compatible with our coinage and small gold jewellery. :)

ivanll

Cheers, ivanll. I'd never even heard about that one, seems very much like the Pro, will have to research the specs and do a comparison.

It's an AT-Pro without the STD mode (All Pro) and expanded mid tone.....

1375051273_9-project1_7_zpse5246543.jpg

.....really nifty if one have the inclination and patience to search for tiny jewellery.

1375051298_10-csi-pro_1024_zpse834e6cb.jpg

Item in picture not found with the CSI-Pro (test items) but all are detectable with it.

CSI-Pro replaced my AT-Pro International and a tested AT-Gold.

ivanll

Just to clarify a few points :)

Length adjustable is the same 1.06m - 1.29m (42" to 51")

Target curser segments the same 12 (notchable)

The AT Pro US has not been discontinued and is certainly still available from the U.S.A and always has been.

International and the US are the same machine except for the tone spread and the facia.

If you want your tones coming in at 50 which to me is too early then the international is for you
I prefer mine coming in at around our $1 signal which is a 76-78

Heres my old cheat sheet of what approximately comes in where

chartj.jpg

Any one know what is plugged into the headphone jack in the posted pic of the CSI.

It appears to have an adjustment knob of some sort?

Thanks, Pete

Pr2cv said:
Any one know what is plugged into the headphone jack in the posted pic of the CSI.

It appears to have an adjustment knob of some sort?

Thanks, Pete

I believe its a homemade inline volume control.

Now look what fella's have done, you have gone and confused me :/
I was dead set in getting the Garrett AP Pro International but now I'm not sure....
So here is a question for you, what would you recommend out of the 2, AT Pro or AT Pro International?

I want to use it for detecting on the beach, in fresh water (will most probably get submerged), and general coin/relic hunting in the good old ACT/South Coast.

Cheers

SF

Technically, they're the same unit with just a few minor differences. If you buy from a dealer here in Australia you'll end up with the At Pro International which is fine for what you want to do with it.

Page 19 on the international manual says it has 20 segments and so does page 19 of USA manual. 20 segments is right, as each notch is 5 target numbers and all up AT Pro have 100 target id numbers.

They both have 12 notches. I'm not sure why Garrett Australia lists it as having 20. I might have to put the question to them and find out.

TassieJack said:
Page 19 on the international manual says it has 20 segments and so does page 19 of USA manual. 20 segments is right, as each notch is 5 target numbers and all up AT Pro have 100 target id numbers.

You're right Jack. Garrett Australia are counting the lower iron discrim segments whereas garrett.com aren't. So in total there's 20 segments with 12 being notchable, simple! :D

Thanks Nugget :)

SF

Nugget said:
Technically, they're the same unit with just a few minor differences. If you buy from a dealer here in Australia you'll end up with the At Pro International which is fine for what you want to do with it.

Does anyone know where I could purchase the garrett at pro international in Australia for a good price? Thanks.

Latest posts