AT Gold - Replacement battery cage and plug

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erg

Reaction score
Hi

Looking for a battery cage and the retaining plug that holds the cage in the head unit.

I've sent emails and made calls to many of the Garrett dealers across the country with no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Thx grubstake. Close, but no cigar. Any further thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Hey we joined on the same day!

Messaged via ebay

----------
Hi

Im looking for the battery cage and the plug that retains it for a Garrett AT Gold.

Ive asked many dealers here in Australia with no luck. You come highly recommended via a prominent detecting forum in Australia.

thx
Pete
----------

Good morning ergslider,

Unfortunately, we are unable to ship any Garrett products outside of the United States. I would suggest checking the Garrett website to locate a dealer near you or one that can ship to you. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience and if you have any further questions please let me know.

All the best,
Erin

may be the covid thing ,i buy some products from america from time to time

put a order in last week and got a email from the supplier and they stated that__ due to covid they can not ship to australia ]:D but i can buy the same :poop: quality products from china go figure

i have not rang them yet to find out when the ban will be lifted

A while ago erg ,members were looking for the battery cage for one of the AT models ,i think they ended up going to jaycar ,getting the component's and making their own cages

don't know if that's any help or not

Jaycar have this:
1639533340_jaycar_4x_aa_holder.jpg

URL for the part:
https://tinyurl.com/yckkm6rh

To protect Australian based Garret dealers, suppliers from other countries are prohibited from shipping to Australia. Part of the franchise agreement.

Any good Garret Importer/Distributor/Dealer can get and supply an AT battery door.

If not I can get the items required.

Could also have one 3D printed, easy as.

Redfin said:
To protect Australian based Garret dealers, suppliers from other countries are prohibited from shipping to Australia. Part of the franchise agreement.

I have a garret product redfin ,thanks for that info, if i kneed parts i now know to look in australia only :Y:

Fantastic info all around. Thanks to everyone who replied.

Ive sent an email to the Garrett Australia people so let's see how that goes.

The tip here is dont lose stuff in the first place!

Erg

Well, that was quick.

Response from the @sales email address,

-----------------
Hi Pete,

The battery access cover/door is currently out of stock and is expected early next year.

Ill be in touch once theyre in and we can make a sale for this and the battery holder via email (as the cover/door is not on our site)
----------------

So looks like the problem is solved, I've just got to wait a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.