aptX Low Latency compatible gear - Equinox & GPX6000 users

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I'll vote for the SoundPeats too, they work well. They were about $35 on Amazon but they say they are now currently unavailable on the link I last used.

I ended up using the Avantree AS70 as it has an attachment clip and also volume control. Volume will be unnecessary for you though as you have the SPO1 for that. SoundPeats are cheaper and the audio quality was good.

There is a bit of a thread here if you wanted to read some more. Stay clear of the TaoTronics as even though they say they are Low Latency, that is only in Sender mode, not in Receiver.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/...that-work-equinox-vanquish-gpx-6000/#comments

Cheers, N.E. :Y:

Cheers NE, the link is a good read and I will definitely head down the path of the SoundPeats connected to the SP01 in the next few weeks and be ready for when the weather is kinder for detecting, much appreciated :Y:

For anyone who's been using the Soundpeats, how has the 3.5mm jack held up? Nearly every device I've ever had this jack always eventually plays up.

PhaseTech said:
For anyone who's been using the Soundpeats, how has the 3.5mm jack held up? Nearly every device I've ever had this jack always eventually plays up.

Hi PT. I used the Sound Peats for about 2-3 months until the Avantree turned up. Didn't have any issues with it in that time. It is very light (maybe 4 or 5 grams?) and easily sits in a top pocket. Or could be double side velcroed to the SPO1 perhaps.

I ‘lost’ my headphones (and cord) for my GPX 6000, is there any suggestions if can use any other set of aftermarket headphones that will fit on my GPX 6000?? Thank you for any help is appreciated, I am in Canada.

I ‘lost’ my headphones (and cord) for my GPX 6000, is there any suggestions if can use any other set of aftermarket headphones that will fit on my GPX 6000?? Thank you for any help is appreciated, I am in Canada.
Try avantree wireless headphones (torus) they suit 6000 low latency earphones with speakers they are available in the states I'm sure you could get them in Canada

Last edited:
Try avantree wireless headphones (torus) they suit 6000 low latency earphones with speakers they are available in the states I'm sure you could get them in Canada
DALEO8
Thank you for your help! I found this one (GPX 6000 compatible), it has a very unique design and a good price::
~~Avantree, Torus (NB05), superb HD quality wearable speaker, retractable earbuds, light weight, “aptX Low Latency”, DSP with 3D surround sound, CA$119.99 (Canadian dollars).
~~‘Also’, Avantree, Audikast D4169 are “Low Latency”, Bluetooth 5.0, In-ear headphone & over-ear headphone plus a transmitter adapter set for watching TV with personalized audio control, CA$149.99 (Looks like these ones do not have the “aptX”.?)

Last edited:
Also’, Avantree, Audikast D4169 are “Low Latency”, Bluetooth 5.0, In-ear headphone & over-ear headphone plus a transmitter adapter set for watching TV with personalized audio control, CA$149.99 (Looks like these ones do not have the “aptX”.?)
The over ear headphones don't have the Aptx Low Latency codec unfortunately.
Plus the transmitter isn't required as a transmitter is inbuilt into the 6000.

These headphones are Aptx LL:
https://avantree.com/aria-me-s-bluetooth-overear-headphones
And these earphones are Aptx LL:
https://avantree.com/dual-driver-bluetooth-earbuds-avantree-as20l

The over ear headphones don't have the Aptx Low Latency codec unfortunately.
Plus the transmitter isn't required as a transmitter is inbuilt into the 6000.

These headphones are Aptx LL:
https://avantree.com/aria-me-s-bluetooth-overear-headphones
And these earphones are Aptx LL:
https://avantree.com/dual-driver-bluetooth-earbuds-avantree-as20l
mbasko
This information really helps me a lot, thank you for the extra effort to help me out, it’s just what I needed!! Good idea to transfer the topic to this thread. Since my Minelab GPX 6000 headphones (and cord) are “lost”, then this is a replacement set(s).

I have the Avantree Aria Me headphones for the GPX6000. They have a downloadable app that does a hearing test to optimize the headphones to suit you. One of the reasons a Garrett Axiom was sold here recently, the Garrett is not compatible with these wireless earphones.

I've recently been detecting right near the highway where the 60m roadtrains drown out the detector when using regular earphones. With these Avantree ones I don't even notice the roadtrains passing.

I have the Avantree Aria Me headphones for the GPX6000. They have a downloadable app that does a hearing test to optimize the headphones to suit you. One of the reasons a Garrett Axiom was sold here recently, the Garrett is not compatible with these wireless earphones.

I've recently been detecting right near the highway where the 60m roadtrains drown out the detector when using regular earphones. With these Avantree ones I don't even notice the roadtrains passing.
Good to hear they are working for you Phil (pun intended) the noise cancelling feature works well along side the programmable element.
I can wear mine under my legionnaires type hat which protects them from UV and the elements…

Good to hear they are working for you Phil (pun intended) the noise cancelling feature works well along side the programmable element.
I can wear mine under my legionnaires type hat which protects them from UV and the elements…

Yes thanks Dennis, they are the best earphones I've got. When you consider the price I'm more concerned about keeping the UV and elements away from my head 😂
I've been idle for too long so I'm just working out my options for a couple of weeks away. I'm not sure where yet but if my friend Gus joins me he can only go for a few days so we'll go local. If not I'll be heading for Nullagine although the heat might be getting a bit hard to take.

Now available for the 6000 is a Low Latency bluetooth wireless receiver that has a 1/4" socket built in. This is the same Quest receiver that's in the Mate wireless kit, but with a different chip, so will pair directly to the 6000. I have tested it with both headphones and also through the sP01 and results are excellent. There is plenty of volume too, which is great if you want to use some wired earbuds or lightweight on ear headphones in the warmer weather.

https://phasetechnical.com.au/quest-bluetooth-low-latency-receiver-suit-gpx6000/

Hi Nenad, does that new Quest LL BT receiver bring up the Low Latency Icon on the 6000 when connected ?

Just asking as I have APTX LL BT receivers that do connect LL BT to my laptop but wont bring up the LL Icon when connected to the 6000 and the lag is noticeable.

Hi Nenad, does that new Quest LL BT receiver bring up the Low Latency Icon on the 6000 when connected ?

Just asking as I have APTX LL BT receivers that do connect LL BT to my laptop but wont bring up the LL Icon when connected to the 6000 and the lag is noticeable.
Yes the + icon comes up.

Now available for the 6000 is a Low Latency bluetooth wireless receiver that has a 1/4" socket built in. This is the same Quest receiver that's in the Mate wireless kit, but with a different chip, so will pair directly to the 6000. I have tested it with both headphones and also through the sP01 and results are excellent. There is plenty of volume too, which is great if you want to use some wired earbuds or lightweight on ear headphones in the warmer weather.

https://phasetechnical.com.au/quest-bluetooth-low-latency-receiver-suit-gpx6000/
Nenad, can you ‘or’ can’t ship overseas to Canada.? (I have lost my GPX 6000 headphones and cord.)

Nenad, can you ‘or’ can’t ship overseas to Canada.? (I have lost my GPX 6000 headphones and cord.)
Hi mate, standard Minelab gear I can't ship overseas. SteelPhase headphones and some generic accessories I can. Best to PM or email me. Cheers

Latest posts