aptX Low Latency compatible gear - Equinox & GPX6000 users

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got one & works as advertised - pairs in LL mode with 6000 from the word go and no significant audio lag.

Got to be happy.

Only minor quibble is that the volume knob is relatively easy to bump up or down accidently.
Happy to hear. Re the volume control, that's an easy fix. Remove the knob and put a small fibre washer down around the pot and put the knob back on. Will provide a little more resistance.

Thought I'd add my 20c experience in this thread. I bought (Amazon AU) a set of BT in-ear buds, the Soundpeats Dual Dynamic Driver headphones for use in the heat with a broad brim hat. They have APTX which is why I bought them, but as I found out it's not the low latency version of APTX, only the HD version. No + sign on the 6k when paired, oh dear.

There is a lag on using them, it's small, but noticeable. However, I did find yellow with them so not unhappy. A silver lining though, using them highlighted that over time my swing speed had unknowingly crept up and once I adjusted down to a more effective swing the lag became almost nothing. I shall continue giving them a try out.

Just purchased these for my Equinox 800 on Amazon for $59.46 after discount. Will advise if they connect up as LL type. Old reports from OS indicate they will work as LL. My minelab headsets died a Painful death quite some time back.

Wireless Bluetooth Headphones- August EP650 -Over Ear Headphones aptX Low Latency​

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B00FZLV9L8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
They look too nice and shiny to get covered in sweat, dust and crap.

We went out for a swing last night on a spot recommended by a friend. Lots of targets but no gold however it gave me the chance to try my new bluetooth hearing aids. Well they are certainly not worth the $4000 because they failed to connect to the 6000. They do come with the Specsavers option to return them within three months and I might just take them up on that.

Just purchased these for my Equinox 800 on Amazon for $59.46 after discount. Will advise if they connect up as LL type. Old reports from OS indicate they will work as LL. My minelab headsets died a Painful death quite some time back.

Wireless Bluetooth Headphones- August EP650 -Over Ear Headphones aptX Low Latency​

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B00FZLV9L8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
FInally got round to charging and connecting these headphones up.
Once paired, the + symbol appeared on the BT section of the display indicating it was connected up via LL (Low Latency) and appeared to function with little observable delay.
Hopefully get out in the next couple of days and give them a thorough field test