Any local Gold Creeks old and new in the Bundaberg and Wide Bay area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question but no idea how to go about it, I live outside Bundaberg in Qld where could I find a couple of like minded people who would like to go out to an area of old diggings, that have been sluiced with new gravel out of old diggings by the flood here last year. I went up there over Easter and picked up several small nuggets in the creek, total weight was just under 3/4 of an ounce in about 2 1/2 hours using a Garrett Pro-Pointer. The reason I would need help is I only have 1 usable leg lol got broken and disintegrated in an accident so although I hobble well I still need a hand to look properly...............Any takers in the area plz yell out I' :) m Solomon 009 from Bundy in the fair state of Queensland.

Solomon 009 said:
I have a question but no idea how to go about it, I live outside Bundaberg in Qld where could I find a couple of like minded people who would like to go out to an area of old diggings, that have been sluiced with new gravel out of old diggings by the flood here last year. I went up there over Easter and picked up several small nuggets in the creek, total weight was just under 3/4 of an ounce in about 2 1/2 hours using a Garrett Pro-Pointer. The reason I would need help is I only have 1 usable leg lol got broken and disintegrated in an accident so although I hobble well I still need a hand to look properly...............Any takers in the area plz yell out I' :) m solomon009 from Bundy in the fair state of Queensland.

On those numbers you may have calls from all round Australia and the guys in Ghana!

G'day mate and welcome.
What sort of person you looking for?, One that's equipped for chasing alluvial, a detectorist or a bit of everything. Does one need a 4wd, is there an area for camping?.
:) Mick

Lol better stop reading posts on my phone or get some glasses. Thats awesome ive seen people using these in creeks never actually heard of anyone doing well wity it :)

axeman said:
G'day mate and welcome.
What sort of person you looking for?, One that's equipped for chasing alluvial, a detectorist or a bit of everything. Does one need a 4wd, is there an area for camping?.
:) Mick
I have the same questions , is there water there I will bring the wal banker, you should put some pics up

Hello all to Respond the name is Paul, ok firstly I lost all of my gold gear in the 2013 flood here, so I am slowly rebuilding my gear back up, 2ndly Yes there is running water and yes there is a camping spot about 7 miles away, I am a fun loving, talkable type chap who likes to help and have fun same as most people here I suppose, I don't have a Camera and although I lost my gear My wife said if I show her it is worth it I can have a new one, my Dream is a (Garrett ATX pulse Induction) detector. oh and I can get there on Crutches so it shouldn't be too hard for someone with 2 good legs.....lol

Hello there Solomon 009. William from Bundaberg here. New to fossicking and looking for people I can get out with on weekends to fossick. Have a Garrett AT Gold. No 4wd.

G'day Solomon & Whendy... Is you can see, I am from Bundy as well. I also lost a stack of gear in the floods but now rebuilding the collection. I get out at least twice a month, sometimes on gold, other times chasing gems. I have poked around the area since 1980 and have a fair idea of the place. Maybe we can get together for a run one weekend.
Cheers...Ben

I'm keen all if anyone wood be keen to show me a couple of pointers I wood love to go out and give it ago I'm also from bundy and this is all new to me and I wood be more then happy to give people a hand so I could learn thanks

HI I am new to prospecting In Bundaberg have some gear and access to properties looking for people interested in going looking for yellow and gems. Getting set up for camping trips away.
If anyone interested let me know.

G'day Dean

Tell us a bit about yourself and what your using and looking for, there's a few detectorists around Bundy that are members here.

Daggy

Daggy said:
G'day Dean

Tell us a bit about yourself and what your using and looking for, there's a few detectorists around Bundy that are members here.

Daggy

Hey Daggy,

Minelad Xterra 705

Whatever I can detect

Have only done the beaches and parks thing ... I would like to get onto Gold and relics

Not much gold around here Dean.

Most of us chase predecimals and spendables. Bundy has some great parks with a bit of history, every man and his dog has had a go at the old show grounds but one member on here is still pulling predecs out of there.
There are plenty of historical sites around but gaining access is another thing, the farmers can be a little bit funny about that. Kendalls Flat is another good spot for goldies as it get's replenished during cricket season.

Public halls are good but I've pretty much cleaned them up around here but you never know what we've missed and some people miss heaps. Me and a mate went to Burnett heads where the VMR fishing classic was held and pulled around $70 in goldies in an hour and a half and that was after two other blokes had been there just after it was packed up.

Do you have a pinpointer and hand trowel?

Daggy

Latest posts