Another newby from Gippy

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone.
I've had a long interest in fossicking and prospecting since a wee lad as my great uncle was a keen fossicker of gemstones although I didn't get to learn first hand off him but peaked my interest then just never made time for it until now.

I've a basic understanding of where to and what to look for and keen to learn all I can, and having recently worked a well worked location at Hawthorn Bridge getting about .28gr so far for 2 days visits and a bit of luck in a tributary going into the Lang Lang (yes I know it's banned hence why I worked the tributary that eventually flows into it that runs through my property...) I can say my partner and I including our kids are hooked and looking to break into finding some gemstones also other than the common quartz during the gold scratching sessions and putting some theorital knowledge into practice finally.

I'm curious as to regions that are worth a further look into. Our next trip next weekend actually is either Bairnsdale way or Daylesford which I'm leaning more towards Daylesford at present.
Mostly looking at panning primarily but we do have a highbanker setup and a 4x4 family suv so nothing to off the beaten track until I get my Land Rover sorted oh and the miners right of course.

Anyway it's been awesome seeing alot of the helpful information shared in post already.
Look forward to seeing more as it becomes available and any pointers is highly appreciated.

:goldpan: :goldnugget: :gemstone: :100:

Latest posts