⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took a pic for you all when I emptied my snuffer bottle this morning. about 4grams of yellow and a few little sapphires, from a couple of halfassed days in northern nsw. Can't really see it in the pic but a lot of it has mercury on it, most is extremely fine.

29d04696256d833d0f7af9f949ee085a.jpg

DD

Got yourself a nice little pocket there GR.....good to see a few little clunkers amongst the loot. Will be heading up Tuena way myself this Easter break and hopefully the gold will cooperate somewhat. Good luck if you're out that way this weekend...Cheers Wal. :)

Bloody hell Wal , does the missus use a hiab, there huge! My missus also collects some when we are out there, I prefer collecting the coprolites :D, got a pretty mean collection of ancient poo in my shed lol.

DD

Nice bits of Petrified Wood wal and 23gms of the good stuff
well done will be at tuena this weekend as well....
Cheers GR....

Hi DD & Jackie
thats a nice haul there from you & GR :D We are off to the Ridge tomorrow for 2 -3 weeks (still coming DD?) so we will let you Tuena fellas mind the van for us :cool: Hope you have good luck over the long weekend & find the gold at the end of the rainbow. We will be out chasing the rainbow itself :eek:
Happy Easter to everyone. See you at Tuena in the near future :)

ranma

Might see you out there GR...I'm driving a white Troopie and will prob come into Tuena on saturday arvo to see who's around. ;) Good luck out there..Cheers Wal. :)

I love petrified wood. The mine I work in we sometimes see near full trees in the wall. Sadly it just gets dug out and buried again.
A family friend in Boonah, Qld has it all through his paddock.

ranma said:
Hi DD & Jackie
thats a nice haul there from you & GR :D We are off to the Ridge tomorrow for 2 -3 weeks (still coming DD?) so we will let you Tuena fellas mind the van for us :cool: Hope you have good luck over the long weekend & find the gold at the end of the rainbow. We will be out chasing the rainbow itself :eek:
Happy Easter to everyone. See you at Tuena in the near future :)

ranma

Hi Fran, hope you and bob are well. We should be ready to head out to the ridge next thur/fri 4-5 April, is this ok for you guys? How long are you staying for? We need to be back here by the 17th. Have a happy Easter.

DD

Hi DD

arrived LR 6pm. will stay & wait for you . Hope the weekend goes well. see you next week

Cheers
ran & bob :)

Nice show of colour GR & DD, I love petrified wood, comes up beautifully when polished. I made some crosses for my kids when they re christened and ended up with orders for them. Between the coprolites, fossilised wood and gold I reckon I would be like a kid in a lolly shop.

Nice to meet DD and Jackie, and GR out at Tuena on the Easter Weekend. Hopefully, I'll make it there for the members get together. Mrs is a bit interested in having a look at the process, too, having seen the small jar of specks I took home - mostly panned by DD, but I did pan a few specks myself. Lots of practice needed.

Never get sick of seeing colour in the pan ay!
Well done all.

Hopefully I'll be able to post up some finds from this weekend on Monday.

Latest posts