Algoforce E1500 - Wet Ground

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XLOOX, can you run the 12” Evo in Ultra fine gold without any issues?

Edit; Just saw your post in the other Algo thread about better stability in Fine gold. This also applies to the 14x9 Evo.

Last edited:
Have used it in Nullagine red soil ck bed after enough rain to make it damp 6" down. didnt see any issue.

XLOOX, can you run the 12” Evo in Ultra fine gold without any issues?

Edit; Just saw your post in the other Algo thread about better stability in Fine gold. This also applies to the 14x9 Evo.

I have run it for about 30min twice in UF Gold once in Gympie in dry medium mineralised ground and once in Nullagine in damp fairly high mineralised ground but each time when I changed to Fine Gold I was MUCH happier.

I am not concerned about not using UF Gold on the 12", I dont think I am missing out on anything significant and if there was only tiny shallow gold around I would change to the Sadie.

The 14x9 Evo is a great coil on a lot of GPX pinout compatible detectors ( not TDI SL). I regreted selling mine, which is why I picked up a 2nd hand 12" as they are VERY close in performance, 12 is fractionally deeper and 14x9 sees fractionally tinier bits.

Last night we had 30ml in Central Vic where I am. Wasn't on the weather forecast I follow but our rain gauge was 30.
Had a go today with a borrowed Sadie. No gold but about 20 targets, 12 various shotgun pellet sizes. Over half were undug and down to a few inches. The Algo ran quiet bar several positive sound hotrocks. The wet ground did not bother it from what I saw anymore than any other PI I have used. No gold didn't bother me, the targets I got didn't disappoint me.

Latest posts