AI and Metal Detectors...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In this video it has a description of AI using whatever to access ground imaging . . .
It is worth a look at this... of that I am sure...
I have found very little on this subject of ground imaging AI, but am mighty curious...
Then what is it that we need hey... ?
"Curiosity killed the cat" it is said... but lets see if that is true or not...

Does any in this forum have any deeper info on this subject?
{the image if from about the 4min 55sec level or close to that when it speaks of this...}
3AFA2FF4-4CBC-494D-98BE-E3426427F639.png

Hmmm... I did find this...
https://www.treasurehunter3d.com/drone-metal-detectorI have no idea about it whatsoever...
All I have found out so far is that the battery lasts 25 mins...
WoooPeee... 25 mins... almost like having sex... what to do for the rest of the 23.05hrs...
But the camp fire is alight if we are lucky enough to be in a cool place...
... and it goes to a 30metre depth...
So, obviously it is for finding nuggets that are 10kgs or something... lol...
I will look...
o_O
So... what did I find...
https://goldhunterdetectors.com.au/articles/using-lidar/

Last edited:
Just because intelligence is artificial there is no guarantee that it would be any more than say a worm’s.
What is known about classical field and particle physics is pretty well understood so sensing technology would still depend on detection technology for gravity, electromagnetic and other particles etc.
Current detectors already have programmes to interpret variations in such fields to validate,as far as possible, true signals or even suggest what such signals might represent eg coins etc.
I would be quite happy to have a worm brain tell me when it has sensed a pile of poo but not when looking for gold or coins.
No doubt there are still advances in detector technology to be made and I certainly hope so, but I wouldn’t be waiting around for AI detectors.
Einstein showed that energy and mass are interchangeable and it is only because mass is a concentrated form of energy that we notice it’s gravity effects more.
Therefore a statement like “the change in their energy states reveals the strength of gravity” just dresses up well known physics in order to hoodwink people into thinking that it is some new discovery.
Go with what’s real now, what works now, what experienced members of this forum recommend to you and don’t be seduced by some clever presentation into waiting for something that might never eventuate.

Just because intelligence is artificial there is no guarantee that it would be any more than say a worm’s.
What is known about classical field and particle physics is pretty well understood so sensing technology would still depend on detection technology for gravity, electromagnetic and other particles etc.
Current detectors already have programmes to interpret variations in such fields to validate,as far as possible, true signals or even suggest what such signals might represent eg coins etc.
I would be quite happy to have a worm brain tell me when it has sensed a pile of poo but not when looking for gold or coins.
No doubt there are still advances in detector technology to be made and I certainly hope so, but I wouldn’t be waiting around for AI detectors.
Einstein showed that energy and mass are interchangeable and it is only because mass is a concentrated form of energy that we notice it’s gravity effects more.
Therefore a statement like “the change in their energy states reveals the strength of gravity” just dresses up well known physics in order to hoodwink people into thinking that it is some new discovery.
Go with what’s real now, what works now, what experienced members of this forum recommend to you and don’t be seduced by some clever presentation into waiting for something that might never eventuate.
I HEAR YOU... I do not have a detector... and have wanted one for a decade... {but SOMEHOW, got entangled with OTHER STUFF} but am also a Pragmatist, an for many years, Explorer of Continents, a photographer, a monk, and believe NOTHING to be either true nor false apart from on {or within} a relative SENSE...and AM, in no way ready to roll over in comfort of a fireplace and a good book with wife for a decade or so, (done the wife thing) and die... yet... and yes... WHERE the fk this human RACE is going or even if it survives ... who the fk knows... I do not... BUT...that does not stop me from exploring... Physically, mentally, intellectually, emotionally, (and yes Wal... I can survive the desert well... and have done so) and I figured that I could buy a GROUND PENTRATION DRONE and make a business of it (as a side line to prospecting, writing, and oil painting). I have done the 5 kids n 3 wives and at 73 yrs young, am relatively healthy and still work at lopping trees with one of my sons... and gardening...
And, am familiar with the double slit experiment that shows we are more than one reality ...simultaneously... and thus, at the same time (obviously), not the flip reality from the math reality of the current 0:1 (as I felt we may have been a very infinitesimal change from the 0:1 but now realise that BOTH Happen simultaneously (that science will never be able to prove) for decades...
YET, like all of us... I could exit this planet Earth in the next second... but if I do not... I head for the sunrise/sunset cycle n find some gold along the way...
cheers...
And thank you... good prospecting to you and your friends... ✔️✔️✔️🌈🕊🙏🙏💛

Lol... it could be said that I am just a dude with too many questions... but also due to this attribute I have survived the Himalayan Bears and Snow Tigers and being (so-called) LOST in the West Coast Tasmania in Horizontal Scrub for days and survived alone... lol... and I do not mind when I depart this human life... after all... we alll get out of here DEAD... is this not not True?

I agree with Elon Musk... AI is dangerous to humanity when handled incorrectly... as when it reaches a point where Humanity is of no further use, they can easily, efficiently, can and maybe will exit us easily, unthinkingly almost, like we do with mung bean sprouts once we have harvested them…
So
Enjoy every second of every day you have on Earth... as it may come to a close instantly...
We are in an INTERESTING TIME... in Earth evolution, and maybe Humanity is only here to introduce a Higher Intelligence that will transcend Humanity in INTELLIGENCE BY A FACTOR OF 100,000..- who really knows... ✔️
I initially never connected my interest to AI, and gold, until today, when I imagined being able to Penetrate the ground With tech...
it simply did not come to mind until I went there...
... And this forum is one of the best that I have found... so hopefully I am not tooo WAY OUT for most... cheers... and gold be in yr hands...

Last edited:
And...
Hmmm... I did find this...
https://www.treasurehunter3d.com/drone-metal-detectorI have no idea about it whatsoever...
All I have found out so far is that the battery lasts 25 mins...
WoooPeee... 25 mins... almost like having sex... what to do for the rest of the 23.05hrs...
But the camp fire is alight if we are lucky enough to be in a cool place...
... and it goes to a 30metre depth...
So, obviously it is for finding nuggets that are 10kgs or something... lol...
I will look...
o_O
So... what did I find...
https://goldhunterdetectors.com.au/articles/using-lidar/
it does look like Lidar have been doing the ground penetration for decades... yet, how precisely I cannot find...

And...

it does look like Lidar have been doing the ground penetration for decades... yet, how precisely I cannot find...
Well.... Lidar drones start from 10,000$us each... then the software etc... then what hangs on the bottom of the drone can cost 160,000$Us... ha! So I answered my own question... so I am looking into buying the ML MantiCore in December... back to hobby farming the ground... lol... which I have only done with a pick... cheers all... good fossicking for you... may gold fall in yr hands... ✔️✔️🌞

Well.... Lidar drones start from 10,000$us each... then the software etc... then what hangs on the bottom of the drone can cost 160,000$Us... ha! So I answered my own question... so I am looking into buying the ML MantiCore in December... back to hobby farming the ground... lol... which I have only done with a pick... cheers all... good fossicking for you... may gold fall in yr hands... ✔️✔️🌞
Sam-u-Al, time to buy a detector and start detecting.
If you want gold a ML 7000, 6000, 5000 or 2300 would do the job. If you are after coins etc maybe the soon to be released ML Manticore might be worth waiting for but there are probably other good treasure hunting detectors out there at the present time.
Other areas of remote sensing are ongoing fields of development and most forum members here are well aware of them. Things such as ground penetrating Radar, gravity measurement, magnetic anomaly measurement, heat (infra red) measurement, laser measurements (LiDAR), spectroscopic measurements, radioactivity sensing, acoustic sonar are just some of them. These are mostly too expensive for all but the richest or large companies to consider.
Those of course are examples of scientifically proven technologies but of course there are also the fraudulent ones hoping to empty the wallets of gullible suckers with the promise of riches to be found with some secret woo woo “technology”.
Thinking too much about it can tie your head up in knots so please no more thoughts. You have some solid recommendations as to what to buy to start yourself in detecting so just do it. Time to let us know some results not more and more thoughts.

Sam-u-Al, time to buy a detector and start detecting.
If you want gold a ML 7000, 6000, 5000 or 2300 would do the job. If you are after coins etc maybe the soon to be released ML Manticore might be worth waiting for but there are probably other good treasure hunting detectors out there at the present time.
Other areas of remote sensing are ongoing fields of development and most forum members here are well aware of them. Things such as ground penetrating Radar, gravity measurement, magnetic anomaly measurement, heat (infra red) measurement, laser measurements (LiDAR), spectroscopic measurements, radioactivity sensing, acoustic sonar are just some of them. These are mostly too expensive for all but the richest or large companies to consider.
Those of course are examples of scientifically proven technologies but of course there are also the fraudulent ones hoping to empty the wallets of gullible suckers with the promise of riches to be found with some secret woo woo “technology”.
Thinking too much about it can tie your head up in knots so please no more thoughts. You have some solid recommendations as to what to buy to start yourself in detecting so just do it. Time to let us know some results not more and more thoughts.
Good advise... thank you... I am slow to do stuff... So results will take some time... I am just learning about "Things such as ground penetrating Radar, gravity measurement, magnetic anomaly measurement, heat (infra red) measurement, laser measurements (LiDAR), spectroscopic measurements, radioactivity sensing, acoustic sonar" …so... it is good to find the wall of resistance where sharing ceases... thank you...
Good prospecting to ya Hawkear... cheers.. ✔️✔️✔️

A lot of the technologies mentioned have already been deployed by both mining companies and government departments here in WA and there results can be seen for your area on the mines sight "Tengraph" there is some very good gravity surveys ect there and well worth the time going through some of the "stuff" offered there

There was a company "flying" low level magnetometer surveys near where I am located. On talking to the folks there they showed me some raw dater captured by the drone ( with underslung magnetometer) flying 25mtr grid pattern, which clearly showed a fault line. Although not just yet this info and similar will eventually be available to view through Tengraph. Although they were an Australian company, the tech came from Canada, and as a passed surveyor I was quiet impressed with their control and their system. As an aside, they said the only real problems they have is being attacked by eagles, which as it happens happened a couple of days later.

Latest posts