Additional Prospecting help Websites

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
I've trawled all your helpful posts on good sites, and have found this one.
macrostrat.org
Which is the underlay for MINDAT geology, except you can also do satellite and other overlays. I haven't tested it much yet, but thought it might be useful.
It also has an Android/iPhone app Rockd.
Anyway, enjoy, let me know if any uses.
1646801395_screenshot_20220309-151245_rockd.jpg

1646801395_screenshot_20220309-151349_rockd.jpg

That geology map is pretty usless as a guide as it is lacking any detail. It is only showing the underlaying geology of the area

Here is a section of the 1.100 000 map showing the area just to the east of Leonora

1646811971_screenshot_35.jpg

See how much more detail there is to use to narrow down areas to look for gold when compared to the other map Its a very detailed and accurate map.

Third attempt at a reply. It keeps losing my posts???
I agree, was just another tool I've found is all.
Yep, Tengraph, Geoview WA can show the Geological Imagery/1:100,1000 Mosaic,and sure Czl is one of the ways to find gold.
But I also like this one because by double clicking on a likely area, it has a popup with what the ground is made up of when you get there. I also use Geoview Geophysical Imagery for magnetic anomalies where I am looking also, as that can show leaching that might be associated with an upwelling.