Accesssing creeks on private property

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a farmer with the current biosecurity laws I can most likely remove any person even if they were fishing.
The current biosecurity laws step it up, so if you haven't rang the numbers posted on the signs you are breaking the law or legislation (not sure which one).

Just a reminder,
Creeks running through private are off limits within trespassing laws in NSW.You have no right to even walk or canoe through them.
For instance the Meroo is a creek, not a river!
Rivers do carry other circumstantial rights to use.
Poaching/trespassing has been on the rise on my friends property in the Windeyer district.And believe me he is over it, and will not hesitate to ring the police or persuade you off quickly.
He does enjoy legally shooting on his property with high a high calibre rifle....
So always respect someones PRIVATE PROPERTY!Basically break and enter to a land owner to just help yourself to his land.-
In the US, you wouldn't get a polite bullet of your head as warning.....
Not quite true. You have the right to access any waterway in NSW running through private property for the purpose of recreational fishing ONLY as long as you do so from public land. See the NSW Fisheries Management Act 1994 No 38 Part 2, Division 5, Section 38 forvthe actual legislation. Unfortunately this right if way doesnt apply to prospecting., where tge land owners permission must be sought.

Latest posts