Goldtalk Leonora videos

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldtalk Leonora said:
Moneybox said:
Good video thanks Tony & Lisa. I find that last bit is really hard to get because if I try to dig more off with the machine, apart from the damage to the gear, I end up with mostly hard lumps that may or may not have gold but are too hard to process through the dryblower.

Hi Phill,

You get a bit of a feel for it I find. First you need to work out if it is transported cover.....look for the presence of pisolites (black ball bearings) and then see how far you
need to jackhammer out a piece. For me....a few inches...say down to 6ish and I'm not that interested...prob just a flow that has settled, the snot has got wet over long periods of time and the gold has sunk in a bit. But pick up a nice piece down a foot or so and there is no way I would walk away without lifting the cap....it's tricky though...the laterite mineral shields like an absolute bastard and you could easily be swinging over an ounce piece down a foot and not even know it's there.

Pulling the cap is no good for dryblowing unless you added a crushing circuit....too hard. Most of the time we have had gold in cap it was all coarse and no fines anyway.

Well I've never heard of oolites or pisolites but perhaps I have some. I'm sure I've come across this conglomerate type rock at one of my leases at Tuckabianna, it sends the detector off like a nugget but spread too wide to be one. It looks like the images in Google.

Anyway I've not noticed it in the laterite on this lease however I do have hundreds of small black balls from about 1mm to 3mm along with the black sand in every pan when cleaning up my gold at the end of the morning

1643808424_black_sand.jpg

I've mastered the act of rolling them out of the back of the pan last thing after the sand and before the gold.

Love the videos Tony and Lisa. I've got the 6000 on my radar but powerball didn't quite come through :D

I was a bit nervous heading up the dirt road at that rate :lol:

Isn't it amazing how the wind always changes after you set up. I usually have a quick look at Windy.com before I head out and then load the dryblower up wind. Goldilocks is skid mounted and self contained so I can just drag it with a chain or nudge it with the loader because I don't like working in the cloud of dust.

Thanks for giving us a look at Tiny but we didn't get to see the gold :p

Moneybox said:
I was a bit nervous heading up the dirt road at that rate :lol:

Isn't it amazing how the wind always changes after you set up. I usually have a quick look at Windy.com before I head out and then load the dryblower up wind. Goldilocks is skid mounted and self contained so I can just drag it with a chain or nudge it with the loader because I don't like working in the cloud of dust.

Thanks for giving us a look at Tiny but we didn't get to see the gold :p

Hi Phil.....when I looked at the vid I realised that that was what I meant to say!....I mentioned the curse of all prospectors but then went quiet!!...my plan was to mention that the wind will always change.....hmmm....forgetting things now....whats next?

This is an excellent, very informative video, that should be compulsory viewing for anybody contemplating buying or setting up a gold prospecting lease in WA.