A list i made of what i need for prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your Sydney based you will come across more leeches than ticks(only in north of state). Nasty critters in the bush must love city folk and their delicate nature and over thinking.

Interesting thing about warts. I reckon they must be in the soil.
When the young bloke moved to a town when he was a kid all the kids in that town had warts on their hands.
Some time after he moved to a different town but still went to school with the same kids his wart were gone and has never had them since.

My mum would tell us kids that frogs would give you warts....

In the old days you could get drunk on metho , now they have taken the drunk part out of it,

Was a cheap drink for the old timers,

But it would make holes and cut marks in your tounge

Not a good look,

Goody :)

Metho = methanol = poison. Was kept in the fridge in Bunnings Kalgoorlie. I thought a touch of boot polish not OJ was the go

Neoprene waders are the sniz. Gumboots, neoprene booties, a whistle, a mirror, a life straw filter, compass, a fold up stool, pinpointer.

Anyone know where i can get a Sherpa from to help carry everything? :lol: :lol:

Hopefully this thread can help out other prospectors that are just starting out as well :)

Everything i listed, and including everyones input, has been very helpful.

Obviously i won't be taking all items with me. A majority would stay in the car, or at home. It all depends on where i will be going and what terrain i will be working in. Also, how many days i want to spend out prospecting.

I just want to make sure i have everything needed for a day or a few days or weeks out prospecting.

Gold, it helps but isn't always where you thought it was :lol:. Seriously just start with your A plan and make the B plan fool proof. Mind you anything anyone says is fool proof hasn't pushed the limits and even then the limits will come unrecognised such as weather. Do your best to cover circumstances of where you are going and have a contingency plan with your supplies and don't under estimate the grog as mentioned above :Y:

Latest posts