$99 Aldi detector vs Garrett Infinium ls

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now if that was a question i posted i am sure i would be laughed at, made fun of and banished to the dark corner on my own, but hear me out.. yesterday afternoon my daughter and i were playing with her very old very cheap very rubbish metal detector and she found 20c, a couple of ring pulls, bottle caps and a old rusted paint tin lid but she struggled with the weight of it and the analog display. I knew that aldi had their machines in again so we were off to upgrade to one for her. After getting it putting it together and a quick test drive in the yard again we were off to a local park and that is when all my own efforts started going against me, my daughter had her detector and i had my Infinium. We got her set up and i strapped into my infinium, she was 30 seconds with coil on the ground and picked up a $1 coin, well i was still trying to tune out EMI and as a storm wasnt far off the infinium just wouldn't play nice and i retired it to the boot off the car after stuffing around with it for 5 minutes , then, yes then my daughter turns to me and says 'well cause my detector is better than your one dad, i need your pin pointer and screw driver" She was off and scored more finds then myself, I had to carry the finds and photograph them for her she was well proud of herself and all she found... kids hey lol

Go and buy another Aldi detector and don't tell her... Then next time you're out, whip it out of the car and cry, " Ah haaa, I have you now my pretty!! " :)

Latest posts