2 days Trip around Victoria :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Spin... :p I just noticed...your sitting on post#3555!..as the crows say #aaaaarrrrk!....You'll go the big 4grand this year :cool: heehe'''three fives'"I USED TO SMOKE THAT BRAND BACK IN THE DAY.! :lol:

Having very little experience in Victoria, its great for me to see your state through your eyes, awsome, ta!

reefer said:
Your XT looks like the same model i have...erm...she has! ;) if she saw the photos of your rig after the trip... im'. sure she'd go into cardiac arrest!...hehe. funny you should feel that your interest in old cemeterys might seem ...funny or weird...many people derive a great deal ..emotionally as well as socially from visiting old cemeterys...if your looking for a feel of what it might have been like to live in such times...or who might of lived..then visit the place where they are buried, so often so much is learned from such an excursion.. its great for the kids for it grounds them in the reality that we all end in a place like this...however far into the future that may seem to them.And these places can sometimes give of themselves a wealth of historic fact as well...so mate...good post...a lot of us will never see these places.. so you take us there with you... and we all had a great ride! :cool:

hehehehehee , it is a car at the end of the day... so show your missus the pics .... maybe she faints .... doing you a favor lol (sarcastic joke ) .... and it`s the diesel model not XT :) but similar... turbo diesel instead of turbo petrol ..... average tank 1200k ... high country roads and creeks probably 600-800 .... overall the 2 days trip i`ve done 780 k so imagine how much i drove around like a maniac .... love my subaru and love to drive .... ask me if i want a steak with chip or go for a drive ... i`ll pick the drive and i`ll stop on my way for the steak ;)

haha i know the feeling about driving :) I'm dreading the the time when i have to hand in my licence...still 16years away but...lots a K's between then and now.oh ok ya got the diesel...great choice...best i can get out of the XT,is 11.2 Ltr. per 100K.. X 65 lt. tank =565K's :eek: just a tad under 30miles/gal.but oh... what a ride! :p Its a Premium S3...leather everything..electric seats,,,and everything else! :cool: But!...when it comes ta go'in bush...my back-up is a Prado...98model..unbreakable and ssoo capable off road..... always carried rope, shovel and handheld winch when we travelled in our previous model Forester!..that car took us everywhere..and many places it had no business in taking us! :p Love my Subie as well!

Tathradj said:
Mate,
Does the name Grimmett mean some thing to you. ? Hi Mate, The name Grimmett dont ring a bell, Allen is the famley name big family of blacksmith mostly nail makers, still some living tarnagulla arear, Ron

bluejeansronald said:
DeathKiss said:
Soon or later we all die .... at least we have the memories ... and back to ants life of society .... during the week .... :)
Hi DK, Thanks for sharing, It brought back a few old memories, The cab of old army blitz, we snug logs with them back in 1965 on for years, i visited waroo in 2008 the old cemetry i always look threw them, Its of very little interest to a lot of people, In 2010 i was in tanagulla had a look threw the cemeterey found same names as my father and sisters, found out later they were from the other side of my fathers family, So there you go doubled the family tree, Thanks for the memories, Ron.

Interesting. Grimmett's were the other Blacksmiths in Tarnagulla.
The second generation moved to Larnecourie. It is my Mums side of the family.
I have rello's living around that area.

bluejeansronald said:
Tathradj said:
Mate,
Does the name Grimmett mean some thing to you. ? Hi Mate, The name Grimmett dont ring a bell, Allen is the famley name big family of blacksmith mostly nail makers, still some living tarnagulla arear, Ron

bluejeansronald said:
DeathKiss said:
Soon or later we all die .... at least we have the memories ... and back to ants life of society .... during the week .... :)
Hi DK, Thanks for sharing, It brought back a few old memories, The cab of old army blitz, we snug logs with them back in 1965 on for years, i visited waroo in 2008 the old cemetry i always look threw them, Its of very little interest to a lot of people, In 2010 i was in tanagulla had a look threw the cemeterey found same names as my father and sisters, found out later they were from the other side of my fathers family, So there you go doubled the family tree, Thanks for the memories, Ron.

Tathradj said:
Interesting. Grimmett's were the other Blacksmiths in Tarnagulla.
The second generation moved to Larnecourie. It is my Mums side of the family.
I have rello's living around that area. Hi Mate, The Allen family were blacksmith back in england i dont realy know much about the ones in tarnagulla, apart from horse & bullock teams from echuca to melbourn, my grand father left tasmania came to grafton to work on glenray to dorrigo line, Ron.

bluejeansronald said:
Tathradj said:
Mate,

bluejeansronald said:
DeathKiss said:

Latest posts