1860's - 1900's Pics of Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love it! that is amazing. I couldn't get it to work at first, but after reading the link you posted Casper I got it to work and it's awesome. Thanks for that Casper & Teemore. :Y: :D

casper said:
goldtrapper said:
Wow, that one is awesome. Thanks.
If you get your focus right on the top one you can keep scrolling down to the bottom one.

It is awesome - puts you right there doesn't it! 'tis the next best thing to a time machine. The pic with the 2 axe men has exceptional depth.

Question:- when you "cross-eye view" Teemore's stereo pic 2, and then cross-eye view the stereo pic in my post, which one works for you and you get a 3D view?

check out this https://www.jrsdesign.net/stereo-photography/free-viewing-test

Was going to mention that as well as "cross eyed" there's also "parallel" viewing method ..... but that link you provided sums it up well.

Mbasko!...thanks for sharing this collection of phoyos from the Tambarora-Hill End era....my great-grandfather was a miner and school Teacher in those day's and Irecalled some of the stories my father had passed down from him...including that he regarded and others spoke of those of the mates who worked down in the hard rock mines as 'REEFERS'!...AND BLOW ME TO PIECES THERE IT IS IT'S PROOF.
1597578532_reefers_hotel.jpg

goldtrapper...and others!...I knew when I chose 'reefer' for my Avatar that it would attract associations of Marijuana use. :eek: :playful: :Y: In fact Maryjane was in use by some back in the day ,usually in the form of Hashish... :lol: :zzz: :cool: hehe,The thing is...and the point I was trying to make is that the photo confirms the old story of my Great grandfather who claimed that the term 'reefer' was what the old hard rock miners considered themselves to be and it confirms without doubt that it had nothing to do with wafting clouds of stupifying smoke!...just saying. :cool:

reefer said:
goldtrapper...and others!...I knew when I chose 'reefer' for my Avatar that it would attract associations of Marijuana use. :eek: :playful: :Y: In fact Maryjane was in use by some back in the day ,usually in the form of Hashish... :lol: :zzz: :cool: hehe,The thing is...and the point I was trying to make is that the photo confirms the old story of my Great grandfather who claimed that the term 'reefer' was what the old hard rock miners considered themselves to be and it confirms without doubt that it had nothing to do with wafting clouds of stupifying smoke!...just saying. :cool:

I totally agree that a reef of gold would have been on their thoughts. But I was feeling jovial this morning.

That's ok mate...I did not take it personally...When I first heard it as a young man back in the 70's...I cracked up laughing and smirking as well! :cool: ...but I never forgot it...till many years later back in 2013 when I joined this forum.It was very clear to me that there could only be one Avatar that was right for me :D When I hear or see people use my Avatar...it fills me with pride knowing that old great-grandfather was a 'reefer'...and I'm still smile'n and smirk'n and lov'in it mate.

The picture is a screenshot i took of footage of a very old film showing it in use , hence the picture isn`t 100 percent clear . Are the 2 barrel looking things ballasts or something ?

just starting said:
The picture is a screenshot i took of footage of a very old film showing it in use , hence the picture isn`t 100 percent clear . Are the 2 barrel looking things ballasts or something ?
I think the barrel looking things are for the rope or cable to wind around to lift things up and down the shaft. If it was just a log it would take to long and the horse would have to do too many laps. It also ran a dinamo with usb plug to charge that phone of his as mains power was not yet widely available :playful:

Latest posts