135AH Lithium LiFe PO4 install proposed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevewilko

that's right it was me....
Reaction score
Hi, if you can help please.

2 x 100AH AGM replacement. (holding 12v overnight still, but useable amperage is low and relying on solar PWM feed daytime charging)

I want to buy 1 x LiFe PO4 @ 135AH

I have 380w solar. 20 amp PWM.
Need MPPT controller to suit LiFe PO4.

How do I determine the best battery (brand) to buy?

How do I determine the AHours correlate to the promoted / advertised capacity?

Which Amperage MPPT is best suited?

Care to nominate a proven manufacturer to assist me make an easy decision?

I think to not buy the cheapest, and I do not have greater demand than 240v / 400w x 1/2 hour rice cooker and then it is only laptop, phone and 12000millivolt powerbank, gps etc.
This means I do not want to spend $1000!

Not being trained in electronics etc , I do have a small dometic condenser fridge that pulls 8.333 amps and I only have ever run it on gas. Perhaps I would like this to be part of this equation.

I have crank battery isolation with 12.7v minimum feed to house battery available while driving.

Thank you,
Wilko.

P.S. I cannot fit 200AH as the dimensions won't fit my battery box. I do not see greater than an 135AH battery choices neither.
(should I install 2 x 100AH LiFe instead?)
I am probably predisposed to an eBay purchase for convenience.

Last edited:
look at this mob web site, Aussie batteries and kickass just realeased mppt controller aussie batteries offer tec advice they help me with my prospecting set up

Last edited:

2 x 100AH AGM replacement. (holding 12v overnight still, but useable amperage is low and relying on solar PWM feed daytime charging)

I think to not buy the cheapest, and I do not have greater demand than 240v / 400w x 1/2 hour rice cooker and then it is only laptop, phone and 12000millivolt powerbank, gps etc.

Not being trained in electronics etc , I do have a small dometic condenser fridge that pulls 8.333 amps and I only have ever run it on gas. Perhaps I would like this to be part of this equation.

I have crank battery isolation with 12.7v minimum feed to house battery available while driving.

Thank you,
Wilko.

P.S. I cannot fit 200AH as the dimensions won't fit my battery box. I do not see greater than an 135AH battery choices neither.
Yeah Grab your self a Victron Smart Solar 100/30, That means you can string two set of 3x 150 or 200w panels in series and then put both strings in Paralelle giving you 30Ah at 450 or 600w and you will never need to worry about power again, or use just use 2X 150 or 200w in series putting 24v in to the MPPT and it will switch it down to 12v, In Aus I think this is all your need due to the amount of Sun you get,

Even living in this shite hole I can charge my Lithium packs using 2x 120w and even more so if I use a couple of my 150's.

The reason I say get the 100/30 over the 100/20 is if your needs change you can always add more power without having to buy a new controller,

Hope that helps.

Wilco, I swapped over to an iTech 120X last season and it worked great. Runs 60L National Luna fridge/freezer, lights, charging detectors, torches, satphones etc and running a small inverter for charging batteries for other things like grease gun, drills etc. I don't think it ever dropped below 13v. I have about 380 watts going into it but easily get away with less. You can't use it as a cranking battery which is a negative but I can't believe how light it is - in fact the little 7ah I use to run the shower feels like it is just an empty battery case...

Thank you,
Wilko.

Yes it will fit if you get the Solar King battery. Solar regulator must have Lithium profile, normal agm 240v charger is ok if you have 240v.
40 - 50 amps charging is good