⭐ Vintage Detectors. If you've got em flaunt em

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
calala said:
I think I win the prize for this one, purchased from Mine Lab Parramatta back in the 1970's.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1211/1383470783_p1010001_1024x768.jpg
:/

:) How about this antique, my father had in his shed? 60's?

1387924598_img_0839.jpg

and I got the instruction manual :)

1387924648_img_0840.jpg

Hi guys , I am new to this and the detector in the first post is the one I am using .Don't know the brand. Found a few old coins and things with it . Gaz :)

joe said:

Joe, I have my instruction book as well, However, I think you take the prize mate. :(

calala said:
joe said:

Joe, I have my instruction book as well, However, I think you take the prize mate. :(

The price would have to go to Gerhard Fischar 1925 :)
1388279186_image.jpg

Or
1388279010_image.jpg

Here is my Whites 5900Di Pro Plus I bought from the original owner who had never used it, I checked with Whites in Scotland and they told me how old it is and when it was sold. According to Whites in Inverness it was made in July 1989.

It's The Whites 5900Di Pro Plus,

1597237924_5900di_1.jpg

1597237968_5900di_2.jpg

1597238009_5900di_3.jpg

1597238051_5900di_4.jpg

1597238082_5900di_5.jpg

1597238117_5900di_6.jpg

The 5900Di Pro can work bad ground, With modern machines you can ground balance them but they still suffer from ground noise with the 5900 it can be tuned out completely and you can tune it like you do a GPX to get rid of outside noises, And the Depth you get on a modern machine with an 18" Coil the 5900 will do it with the factory coil and still have room to spare, :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Mine was made in July 1989. :Y:

R.R. You're right about the Whites eliminating ground noise. We work in the Golden Triangle where the ground can be red hot in places. The Whites was the best detector to use in some of those places back then. A Garret Deep Seeker would overload no matter how much you adjusted the settings. In Kingower you can drop a magnet on the ground, and, when picked up, It's totally covered in ironstone pebbles. That's how much iron is in them.I bought a 5900 DI PRO,the same as your one, but when I converted it to hip mount, I found the dial on the handle too cumbersome, so I sold it. Apart from that it was a good machine, as you said. wiley.

wiley coyote said:
R.R. You're right about the Whites eliminating ground noise. We work in the Golden Triangle where the ground can be red hot in places. The Whites was the best detector to use in some of those places back then. A Garret Deep Seeker would overload no matter how much you adjusted the settings. In Kingower you can drop a magnet on the ground, and, when picked up, It's totally covered in ironstone pebbles. That's how much iron is in them.I bought a 5900 DI PRO,the same as your one, but when I converted it to hip mount, I found the dial on the handle too cumbersome, so I sold it. Apart from that it was a good machine, as you said. wiley.

Yeah the 5900 surprized me because that ground you have there is highly magnetic, When I first got the 5900 I got thinking about that So I got a magnet and put it on the ground and the 5900 just made it Vanish, None of my other machines can do this totally, they come close but you still hear them,

I also like the Stacked GB pots where one is coarse like the one on the TDI SL and then it has a Fine Tune GB and if that does not quite fix it you can tweak the DISC and the ground will Vanish altogether, And the Shear Horsepower it has in All Metal is quite brutal,

I have found a 15" Concentric Coil for it which in good ground will put it in Backhoe Territory :Y: :playful: :playful: :playful:

In the US the 5900 has quite a Cult following due to the HP it has and is the preferred choice of Serious Relic Hunters.

Sweet, I saw them in the shops around 2005ish maybe around 2008, They did a whole rang of those X-series and some of them came with an awesome looking flight case too,

Have you used it much and if so how does it go ? :Y:

Thanks for posting :perfect:

Ridge Runner said:
Sweet, I saw them in the shops around 2005ish maybe around 2008, They did a whole rang of those X-series and some of them came with an awesome looking flight case too,

Have you used it much and if so how does it go ? :Y:

Thanks for posting :perfect:

Used it a few times but also had my xterra70 at the time and now the Nox.
I used to have a Whites 6000D so was familiar with the settings.

Hard Luck said:

Less buttons than the groundhog i had. Can`t remember if the groundhog had that much discrim on it . Is this one better or about the same ?

Hard Luck said:

I love seeing these old machines because they remind of the pictures I saw as a youngster that got my imagination going thinking about finding treasure,

The Advert pictures showing huge depth were grossly exaggerated but to a young mind they were real,

1597510258_garrett-metal-detector-depth-illustration-1973_thumb_jpg_0738b8a74ca1046da735292cfda36bc2.jpg