⭐ Vintage Detectors. If you've got em flaunt em

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1383343672_image.jpg

:eek:

I dunno, looks old but I've got this old thing in the garage, was my Dad's, found a few coins, bullet shells and lots of hotrocks back in the day with it but not much else, told him the other day he should have stuck with it. :)

1383344677_20131102_091620.jpg

1383344708_20131102_091631.jpg

You blokes are killing me - years ago these were cutting edge and we were as smug as a rat with a gold tooth running around the goldfields with our 'latest' VLFs. It's funny how blokes that started out on the old VLFs are more forgiving of 'noise' in the new PI series, as all we heard all day in the early days was noise and tried to decipher targets from the squelch, burps and wheezes. Don't forget that the Hand of Faith was found with an 'old' VLF (a Garrett). I reckon these old ones would still be half a chance on very clear mullock heaps and quartz dumps.

7years old bris joe really,I have a eureka gold .stumbled across this one ,thought plastic not to old but thought older than 7 ,she has had a tuf life

I got a Whites Coinmaster 6000D :p
Not sure of its age but looks a fair dinosaur!

1383457082_image.jpg

Thanks for the link.
The pick - $9 at the hardware store. Can't justify spending $100 on one at the moment & seeing that this one does what I want for now, I recon that's good value :D

Ag Man said:
Thanks for the link.
The pick - $9 at the hardware store. Can't justify spending $100 on one at the moment & seeing that this one does what I want for now, I recon that's good value :D

Apologies mate. I have a little plastic shovel for halving when digging up small nuggets that causes me no end of grief from my grizzled old mates. $1 at Aldi. Best $1 I ever spent.

Heatho said:
I think we need a new thread, "101 things to do with an old metal detector".

:p

#1 use it
#2 hang it on shed wall coz it looks cool

Hi Ag Man...could not quote ur link..th site did not allow...anyways I had a Whites 6000d..and found 13oz back in the early 80s with a similar old girl. .. Lovely machine in her day

Nothin wrong with your pick agman. I got one of those. Easy to carry and fits real nice in the hammer loop of the nail bag.

Latest posts