⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 9579

Yes, must be a bad photo. This 1.9g nugget is so shinny it looks false. It came from about 300mm down found today with the GPX6000, well Taz actually found it but I dug it. It was on a quartz ridge, the surface was hard but as soon as I scrapped the stones away it revealled that soft dark red soil that usually indicates just a noisy patch of ground. The only thing that made me dig further was that the detector sound was like a faint musical sound like we'll often get with a small piece of fine wire. It didn't give a proper signal until I'd dug down about 200mm and came to a small quartz reef.
Well done what a nice piece, goes to show the need to dig every signal despite the insanity of trash pieces!

Found this beauty near the Palmer River in Far North Queensland last year. Total weight 15.6 ozt, specific gravity indicates 14 ozt gold.

I've named it the Palmer Dragon

View attachment 9616
Definitely a keeper, would never put that in the dolly pot. Congratulations on your find.

Been a long time between swings and posts.
Managed to get in an overnight camping trip to Ulooloo gold fields with the misses. Was very happy with 14 tiny nuglets and the company 😜
Even though there's not much weight I always appreciate gold from my home state SA as is so bloody hard to find here. It holds a special place in my collection and heart 👌

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 11.17.04.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 11.16.53.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-05-19 at 11.17.05.jpg

Gold 30-5-2023.jpg

When you can't find the big ones you just have go for numbers :rolleyes:

It took 677 pieces to get the 4oz but at least it's gold. Some of these bits are too small to register on the scales and some of those tiny ones were found with the 14" DD after the mono died. I never liked this coil but I've been converted, it really did perform well on big patches of bare ground where it's extra cover made sweeping the area much easier with no noticeable difference in its ability to find gold.

View attachment 9885

When you can't find the big ones you just have go for numbers :rolleyes:

It took 677 pieces to get the 4oz but at least it's gold. Some of these bits are too small to register on the scales and some of those tiny ones were found with the 14" DD after the mono died. I never liked this coil but I've been converted, it really did perform well on big patches of bare ground where it's extra cover made sweeping the area much easier with no noticeable difference in its ability to find gold.
I love the numbers too if there’s enough😀

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts