⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had similar experiences. Moneybox knows, he also went over the area with his 6k.
I had called it dead and done. Went back over it with the zed again and also found small , deeper targets that we had all missed.
Maybe the conditions on the day? Temperature, humidity, solar flares, or the fact that the 6k found gold there already and then putting the zed over it was a good call.
I originally bought the 6k as a patch finder, just to let me know there is gold there in the 1st place, then work it with the zed and clean up with the 6k.
Also got the 6k so I can work the wet season with a dd coil in the hope that I can work wet ground and through bad emi......that didn't work out so well lol
Small zed colors
20220809_183422.jpg

I have had similar experiences. Moneybox knows, he also went over the area with his 6k.
I had called it dead and done. Went back over it with the zed again and also found small , deeper targets that we had all missed.
Maybe the conditions on the day? Temperature, humidity, solar flares, or the fact that the 6k found gold there already and then putting the zed over it was a good call.
I originally bought the 6k as a patch finder, just to let me know there is gold there in the 1st place, then work it with the zed and clean up with the 6k.
Also got the 6k so I can work the wet season with a dd coil in the hope that I can work wet ground and through bad emi......that didn't work out so well lol
Small zed colors
View attachment 6131

Dave from my own findings, I think a lot also is that when your sweeping and I even check this when I find a target, the coil only has to miss the target by the smallest of amounts and it won't pick it up. Have many times gone over same ground in what I thought was the most pedantic manner. But same machine, same day, same ground go over it again and yes more targets found, then go over it again and more again. This is with a Z and usually after first run with Z will then put an SDC across it. Just nature of the beast and why I don't believe anyone gets it all 🤔

Last edited:
We combed Dave's spot pretty well. Merv and I with the standard 11" on the 6000 and Glenn with the 17" mono on the 6000. Merv got a few small ones off to the side of the ridge and I got a few little ones on a little flat patch that was probably missed but we never got anything from the area where Dave and Glenn got most of their gold. In fact Dave turned up late swinging the 7000 and was the only one to take home a decent chunk of gold. Glenn went home empty handed.

Well I’m starting to get used to it. Do I like it better than the 5000. Well I’m not sure yet but I do like the weight and ease of use better.
With you on that Bjay, light weight, as easy (easier?) as the SDC but then again still hanging on the the older GPX, sucker for technology and do like the looks of the Manticore (relics/beaches/etc) would love to run one over targets identified with a 6000 (or and other gold detector).

Starting to like it a bit more now. Managed 10 bits in a row without any shot😁. Makes up for the 100 or so in the last two days.
On a sadder note I found two dead sugar gliders this morning, not sure what happened to them as they weren’t chewed up or any other marks on them.☹️

Attachments

• D74EA9CF-5483-4717-BC6B-02CAD05192C3.jpeg
    D74EA9CF-5483-4717-BC6B-02CAD05192C3.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0