⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have anything to show. I went out yesterday to test my new 11 inch coil that ML kindly replaced. The old one went on a bender and I could not get it quiet.
Didn't last 45 minutes due to the mozzies.
Never seen them so bad. They don't care about bushmans or anything. Just kept homing in for the kill.
New coil works fine.

Didn't last 45 minutes due to the mozzies.
Never seen them so bad. They don't care about bushmans or anything. Just kept homing in for the kill.
Unusual to see you blank out .... try "OFF" Tropical Strength, 191g/l of Picaridin does the trick on mozzies, better/safer than Deet.

Unusual to see you blank out .... try "OFF" Tropical Strength, 191g/l of Picaridin does the trick on mozzies, better/safer than Deet.
Yeah. I'll be trying OFF next. I can usually put up with the mozzies but in this spot I was in they were more aggressive than I've ever seen them.
Just when it was starting to dry up a bit we got another heavy rain last night.
I might lay off for a few weeks till the spiders and frogs eat all the buggers..lol

Went out for another hunt yesterday with the 6. Decided to do a bit of filming for a clip and stopped at an old timers pile that I’d worked to death over the years. Just planned to film an introduction at that particular point and do a quick run over the mullock heap as I knew there would be no gold left there. Over the years I’ve run a 5000, zed, 2300 and even an equinox over that mound. It has been raked and gridded quite a few times. About 6 weeks ago, I ran the 6k meticulously over the pile for half an hour and found 3 small pieces. That goes to show how good the machine is on small gold. Yesterday I was using the Coiltek Goldhawk 10x5 and thought that I’d swing it for a while to see if it could squeeze out just one more small piece. What I found was really surprising. After a good hunt, I ended up with 10 pieces from that mound. They were very small but gold is gold. Here’s the final result for the day out. All those bits for .68 grams.
18E3F8C4-D4E4-4EC8-B4E4-7BC4D70E3A34.jpeg
I should have the clip up in a day or so. Might even post a user report on the 10x5 coil if I get a chance.

cheers

Les

Maybe it's just my overactive imagination, but Stingray's magnificent chunk above seems to have two faces embedded in it!

Donald Trump facing left (a very cool pompadour hairstyle!):

View attachment 5795

And facing right, an elderly gentleman with no teeth (or maybe it's a gargoyle!):

View attachment 5796

A fantastic find, that's for sure.
Freddy Krueger!!

2 yesterday and 1 the day before. Can't say I have put much time in as I'm having to take Spot with me as my partner is not well at the moment.
Little ratbag has a tendency to run of.
If anyone is around Talbot and hears me yelling at him to come back or sees me running through the bush with a detector and pick in hand be sure to say hello 😆

Attachments

• 20221116_185616.jpg
    20221116_185616.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221115_114003.jpg
    20221115_114003.jpg
    9.9 MB · Views: 0
2 yesterday and 1 the day before. Can't say I have put much time in as I'm having to take Spot with me as my partner is not well at the moment.
If anyone is around Talbot and hears me yelling at him to come back or sees me running through the bush with a detector and pick in hand be sure to say hello 😆

It sounds like Spot needs a PLB :rolleyes:

Maybe one of these 😆

Attachments

• dog backpack.png
    dog backpack.png
    193.7 KB · Views: 0
Maybe one of these 😆
Lol..got to say he was just a bit better today. Just a bit.
Then he found the echidna. Kept him occupied for about a while and I managed a couple of bits.
He left it alone pretty quickly after getting a few pricks

Lol

Attachments

• 20221117_114948.jpg
    20221117_114948.jpg
    11.1 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts