⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Met up with 20xwater today.
Had a great day.
Went up a hill in the morning and worked down towards the gully.
Not too much going on there . I got a couple of bits. so we took of to the "secret spot" next to the track for the arvo. 😁
I found a few bits there, including the quartz and ironstone species.
Looks like we may back at the "secret spot" tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20220921_183440.jpg
    20220921_183440.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220921_181133.jpg
    20220921_181133.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Hi Folks

Went for a play with the 10x5 Goldhawk coil yesterday. The area is normally noisy due to emi but the little coil ran very well and I was able to get quite close to powerlines. It appears to be very sensitive but loved hot rocks even more than the standard coil. Managed to jag a couple of small bits from conglomerate material. Filmed a bit of the morning session and put together a bit of a YouTube clip on how I recovered the gold.
0FC583FA-B948-4531-A8EE-AB2C1627A74C.jpeg
Cheers

Les

Here's my failed attempt at making a YouTube Shorts video, didn't know you had to have a vertical aspect. Oh well, so it's just a slideshow of some of the finds over the years. Good to refresh the memory on some older finds, and maybe revisit these spots with more modern gear.

Gold Detecting Rewards

Jesus John, you're all over it. Same area we went??
Hope those mozzies aren't to bad
Hi Kiwi. This was at a different area. I'm going over areas I've been to before. Now that it's drying up a bit I'm finding it a bit easier to hear some missed targets.
Moving very slow with the 10x5 coiltek. That area we went to would be good to go over again once it dries up more.

Hey Wiley, just had another look at your avatar and it reminded me of a Utube clip i just looked at of a bloke pulling out a 19-ounce nugget at about 600 mm down in hard ground. There still there, just have to walk over them. Mackka
Hi Mackka. That nugget is a bit bigger than 19 ounces. I found that one years ago. wiley.

Latest posts