⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More a tell than a show this time: out again Sunday to a spot in central Victoria with the sdc 2300. Found three very small bits, one in a very small cavity (vugh) in quartz. My son and I noticed that the gold is very bright and that different parts of it reflected light at the same time when we turned it. Looking closer we could see parallel growth lines on the 1 mm (about) piece of gold. Might just be impressions where it formed next to a quartz crystal but I don’t think so. To be sure I need to get some good macro pictures. If it is a crystal, it’s not very well formed and it’s tiny so not worth much as a specimen but it is interesting. Hopefully pictures to come

Last edited:
this is not my specimen but a detail of a small gold specimen from Switzerland, showing growth structures very similar to those visible (through the loupe) 79357953-2D62-4116-8C8F-A56C40D1C12E.jpegon the specimen I found in Victoria this weekend.

Last edited:
Went out for a couple of hours today. Took our new dog out.
Got another tiny 0.6 bit.
I'll just post a pic of Spot.
I was hoping he would mark the "spot" but no such luck.
Was too interested in discovering new things :D

That's the problem when you don't keep up with modern technology...we all know that you need a "Golden Retriever" to get the gold. ;)...great lookin' mate you have with you.

Went out for a couple of hours today. Took our new dog out.
Got another tiny 0.6 bit.
I'll just post a pic of Spot.
I was hoping he would mark the "spot" but no such luck.
Was too interested in discovering new things :D

Awesome 0.6 is a great result ..... my last dozen only made that in total.

Awesome 0.6 is a great result ..... my last dozen only made that in total.
Yeah..we are really hitting the big time hey Teemore. 😆
I'm sure that was a mistake. Forgot one 0 for 0.06.
Think I have a bit twice the size today but I'm working for it.
Thankfully I only do it for my mental health to stay sane and not to get wealthy.

Attachments

• 20220824_134353.jpg
    20220824_134353.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 2
Thankfully I only do it for my mental health to stay sane and not to get wealthy.
Hey SL great photo mate and i reckon there is a biggen in there with your name on it mate. Steady as she goes. Mackka

What a relief ..... thought I was a real loser there for a while but 0.0 something is about all I'm pinging as well.
We're overdue for a decent piece (but will take whatever I walk over).
Cheers mate.

5 days last week with a 6000 on an old spinifex covered patch that I thought I cleaned out back in 2013 with a 5000…. then again in 2018 with a 7000…..

Attachments

• A303E43B-B8E5-45E5-AC16-649DBBB18DEA.jpeg
    A303E43B-B8E5-45E5-AC16-649DBBB18DEA.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 1

Latest posts