⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I would throw in a couple of picks from a recent trip. Total from me was 45g clean! Not a record breaker for me but 5g a day pays the bills. Brother in law was able to pick up 70+g!
Best day was 52g between us with my biggest bit at 14g.
Was another learning experience implementing a new location hunting technique which yielded us 35g within the first 24hr in a place we have never been. I call that a success.20220730_093359.jpg

Attachments

• 20220730_093444.jpg
    20220730_093444.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220730_093452.jpg
    20220730_093452.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220730_093748.jpg
    20220730_093748.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 0
After a week in golden triangle I found my first bit of gold with my detector

It was a combined effort a mate was doing the swinging and both of us were doing the listening
I did the digging

It was a place that did not seem to be accessed by a lot if people
We just picked it off the map

It is only a small bit but has given me encouragement

A question what is that rock that sticks to the magnet but is not picked up by the detector

Richard
Probably ironstone. Some areas you can pick up loads of little pieces of what look like gravel on your magnet.

I think I've worked out my problem. My detector is price sensitive and the gold price has dropped off for now. I'm just going to have to be patient and look forward to the Yanks stiring the pot somewhere across the world.

Thought I would throw in a couple of picks from a recent trip. Total from me was 45g clean! Not a record breaker for me but 5g a day pays the bills. Brother in law was able to pick up 70+g!
Best day was 52g between us with my biggest bit at 14g.
Was another learning experience implementing a new location hunting technique which yielded us 35g within the first 24hr in a place we have never been. I call that a success.View attachment 3285

Dawsy77, that looks like a spectacular pendant in the making.

OK Solid Luck, let’s go. You may have the smallest nugget of the month so far but it won’t be for long. Just practicing today to fine tune the hearing. These monsters almost tore a hole in the shirt pocket due to their weight.

View attachment 3416
Better than the approximately 30 lead shot I got today.
👍

I'll be giving the 9" Coiltek a run next week.
I reckon I'll match ya 30 & raise ya 30 😂
Oh, don't worry. I'll amend that today.
I probably could have had 50 plus yesterday as I scrape some away with my boot and just leave them there.

It'll be good to get a report on the Coiltek coil.

Latest posts