⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished a solid 4 hour session back over the same little patch of ground. Real low and slow and thorough with the 4 inch vacuum :cool:
1610450415_20210112_221417_compress96.jpg

Found this in edge of this weathered gully. 0.13gr, it had a bit more stone & quartz adhered to it originally.

Question is, area is heavily surfaced, see first couple photos, does this mean this area that is eroded, is through the material that was originally surfaced & stockpiled & has now set (like concrete!!). Or is this an area that was not surfaced due to gold running out in this area?

If it is the former, surely this stockpiled material is prime material to be searched for nuggets? ie it has only been searched through the once - 160 years ago?

1610664187_1.jpg

1610664187_2.jpg

1610664187_3.jpg

1610664187_4.jpg

1610664187_5.jpg

1610664188_6.jpg

Teemore said:

Can't work out what in your photos you consider was stockpiled in the past. I see undisturbed conglomerate, typical of things like the White Hills Gravel in Victoria, that has still never been worked. Which I would be detecting over, especially at the bottom of some of those faces.

You can see where they have dug in a bit at the base of the conglomerate (looks a bit softer) - that is where the gold they were finding probably was coming from.

goldierocks said:
Teemore said:

Can't work out what in your photos you consider was stockpiled in the past. I see undisturbed conglomerate, typical of things like the White Hills Gravel in Victoria, that has still never been worked. Which I would be detecting over, especially at the bottom of some of those faces.

You can see where they have dug in a bit at the base of the conglomerate (looks a bit softer) - that is where the gold they were finding probably was coming from.

Pretty sure you meant to quote this post from Scoopy rather than the one from Teemore.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=591383#p591383

goldierocks said:
Can't work out what in your photos.

Should have gone to Specsavers ...... if it's a golden colour it's usually Gold .... the coin may have confused you, it's a farthing.

1610709012_974300c1-6df5-4daa-9e5c-d1d70783dd19_1_201_a.jpg

But your probably right about the scenic pics posted by Scoopy.

Sorry couldn't't help myself.

RM Outback said:
goldierocks said:
Teemore said:

Pretty sure you meant to quote this post from Scoopy rather than the one from Teemore.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=591383#p591383
Yes Scoopy

goldierocks said:
Teemore said:

OK, thanks for that, wasn't sure if that conglomerate material was undisturbed or was material that had been washed 160 years ago & then had solidified like concrete over that time.
I find it interesting that the ground has been stripped to the bare rock alongside this area. I guess then, this conglomerate area is there simply because it could not be surfaced like the adjoining section.
There is a lot to learn!
There must be a pile of material somewhere though that has been washed off the ground. Need to find it!!

20xwater said:
New PW(personal worste) lol

When I've come across this I've reset the scales, added something small that DOES show a weight THEN add your tiddler ...... should show a slight increased reading on the scales.

By the way ...... no-one cares if they're small, it's all gold.

Teemore said:
20xwater said:
New PW(personal worste) lol

When I've come across this I've reset the scales, added something small that DOES show a weight THEN add your tiddler ...... should show a slight increased reading on the scales.

By the way ...... no-one cares if they're small, it's all gold.
I tried that mate, it's just won't register.
I reckon it's an achievement actually, proves how good the monster is :cool:

Latest posts