⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Starting to like it a bit more now. Managed 10 bits in a row without any shot😁. Makes up for the 100 or so in the last two days.
On a sadder note I found two dead sugar gliders this morning, not sure what happened to them as they weren’t chewed up or any other marks on them.☹️
Sad really.

Starting to like it a bit more now. Managed 10 bits in a row without any shot😁. Makes up for the 100 or so in the last two days.
On a sadder note I found two dead sugar gliders this morning, not sure what happened to them as they weren’t chewed up or any other marks on them.☹️

Now I know why you complain about not finding many....you can't count too well. I' think you have a few more than 10 😂

Now I know why you complain about not finding many....you can't count too well. I' think you have a few more than 10 😂
Nothing wrong with the counting, not 10 in total just 10 in a row without a shot pellet.

Re sugar gliders??? wonder if it was windy conditions, blowing its mammary glands off in some places, but strange that there were 2 ??

That's tragic, they're beautiful little creatures and so important for the natural regenaration of the bush

Re the sugar gliders ...... although very small the males can be ferocious little buggers when it comes to territory or females in season.
To have two dead together would make me suspect a fight to the death.
Our cats would regularly bring them to our back door when I was a young tacker in the Wimmera. A lot of the time undamaged & I would pick them up & place them back in a nearby eucalypt. They may have died from shock but I would like to think some of them lived.
Rob.

Must be adding up by now! Love to see the total for 2022!

Thanks for asking Dave. Still a few days left but I don't know how much more detecting I'll do.
But I am driving through Creswick on the way back to the city tomorrow lol

I'm too scaredy cat to tip it out of the jar cause some pieces are tiny.

Jar weighs 9.84 grams
About half a gram is from last year
I estimate I've dropped about a gram around the house never to be seen again lol
Two speccies disappeared from the mantle...must be the gold ghosts
So this is where I'm at at the moment.
A few speccies and bits with ironstone and what's in the jar

At this rate I may have enough for a chrissy party.
One thing I can say for sure is that the 6000 has had a good workout this year,

Attachments

• 20221221_183438.jpg
    20221221_183438.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221221_183538.jpg
    20221221_183538.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221221_184102.jpg
    20221221_184102.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Mate the way you refer to your finds as scrap has me wondering if you should change your Monica to "The Scrap King 🤴" 👌😅 Well done mate, Merry Christmas 🎅
Well RM. That's going over ground that's been gone over by hundreds if not thousands of others beforehand. So I guess they are the scraps.

I am the scrap king lol 👑

Merry Christmas mate 🍻

Your more committed than me. Headed out after the storms about 7.30. No flies, a bit cooler but no gold.
Lol..better luck today if you go out mate.
Been out since 8 and just having a break. I reckon another hour and a half max with this heat. No luck so far.
I'm usually an early riser and can't sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for everyone to get up.
Fed the dog and nicked of for a detect

Been out since 8 and just having a break. I reckon another hour and a half max with this heat. No luck so far.
I'm usually an early riser and can't sit around twiddling my thumbs waiting for everyone to get up.
Sounds like a great way to start the day mate, Best Wishes

Yeah mate I’m a early riser too. Was out at 5.30 this morning. Luckily I didn’t go too far as I forgot my battery. Mozzies we’re very friendly until it started to warm up a bit. Was back by 9.30 as I’d had enough by then. Maybe some gold tomorrow.