⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big question is where that 'fluke' bit came from. Regardless of whether you found it in mullock/tailings or virgin ground, it looks to be rough, fragile material that can't have moved far from its source or it would have disintegrated. Prospecting can be a frustrating business, even when you find some gold! 🤔
Hey grubatake.
This was on the side of a very shallow tailings pile with some mullock heaps about 10 metres away.
Talking about it yesterday with 20xwater and it's possible it was a spill from a bucket or whatever the oldtimers were using to move dirt around.
The area is very well worked over and I reckon I just got lucky finding that bit of dirt there.

Best thing I've found with the 17x13 NF on the 5000 is it doesn't hear small junk, so far I've got 2 big lead shot and every other target has been gold.
Target responce volume flat out, phase tech volume flat out with dual gme externals.
A possible target from surface isn't even a change in pitch, but 3 inches off everyone one tells the story..

Best thing I've found with the 17x13 NF on the 5000 is it doesn't hear small junk, so far I've got 2 big lead shot and every other target has been gold.
Target responce volume flat out, phase tech volume flat out with dual gme externals.
A possible target from surface isn't even a change in pitch, but 3 inches off everyone one tells the story..
This is the new zed search coil for the 7000, found a small bit with it a few days ago, it's pretty sensitive to small targets to.

Latest posts