⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully 2022 will turn up a few finds around this very remote mine we found?

1635724199_truckside_mine_amp_various_2015_002.jpg

1635724199_truckside_mine_2015.jpg

1635724199_truckside_mine3_2015.jpg

Hi All

Managed to detect around Whroo on Sunday and Monday.

Lucky to find three small bits for .71 of a gram.

The bigger bit on the left was .45g and was sitting on the side of a dig hole next to the track.

I scrapped it with my boot and thought it was junk, I was amazed to see it was gold.

To think it may have sat there for over 160 years just where the miner left it.

It was great to finally get out and prospect and have a beer next to a fire.

Regards Anthony.

1635893113_img_2123-min-min.jpg

Will pay for some fuel if you pick it up . I picked up some heavy ex -Telstra stainless mast fittings from a tip . Must have cost a fortune to make . Got about $60 for the two .

They traveled about 2,000 kms with me from NW Q'land Sydney . I could have sold them before that . On the road , keep going .....

jamiealdridge said:
Nice mate, I was at my old spot upstream yesterday doing some sampling. It's back again but not as much as last time I worked it. It needs more time :cool:

noice going 20x.

in the bottom pic there's something silver in colour, a few pieces of it... any idea what it is?

BigL said:
noice going 20x.

in the bottom pic there's something silver in colour, a few pieces of it... any idea what it is?
Mercury mate, but I wouldn't mind knowing what the black 5hit is..anyone? Possibly an oxidized or burnt metal element?

Latest posts