⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice chunky little bit there, and you are right with the great new flood deposits available to us now. Once the water levels subside back to normal some good gold will be up for the taking this summer.;)

Let me know when you want to go Wal, You say the date and we're there. I might even get the old boy to come with us to do the heavy lifting

Let me know when you want to go Wal, You say the date and we're there. I might even get the old boy to come with us to do the heavy lifting

Soon as I'm back on my feet Kyle I'll give you a call....will see if we can increase on that one and make it a new biggest bit. The old boy can do the digging for me... ;)

And when you have the gold in a system analysed and it's purity is around 20% so your SG is really light, even reefy coarse gold is a challenge..

The only ribbons that survive ar the ones held together by the big gums root systems that grow partially across the flat straights..

It was analyzed with an xrf, it contained alot of silver and other elements I can't remember.
It didn't effect the price I got for it so all good.
Wow! are they still in business?

However 20% gold is extremely rare in natural silver-gold alloys (I have never encountered it) so perhaps it has rarity value.

"Mix crystals containing 30-45% Ag are called electrum; they are almost pure white. Those with about 80% Ag are designated with the rarely encountered name "kustelite"." (Paul Ramdohr (1969): The Ore Minerals and Their Intergrowths)".

And when you have the gold in a system analysed and it's purity is around 20% so your SG is really light, even reefy coarse gold is a challenge..
The SG should make it still easy to pan. It is easy to pan black sand (SG of about 5.0) and cassiterite (tin oxide, SG of 7.0) Silver -gold alloys such as yours are all heaver than 11.0 (closer to 15,0 usually) so easy to pan. Pure gold is 19.3.

The SG should make it still easy to pan. It is easy to pan black sand (SG of about 5.0) and cassiterite (tin oxide, SG of 7.0) Silver -gold alloys such as yours are all heaver than 11.0 (closer to 15,0 usually) so easy to pan. Pure gold is 19.3.
I have to rattle the pan heaps and more frequently to get the colour to the corner.
Somehow that gold escapes my eyes as I'm swirling and walking off, so I walk the water back and forth on the material left in the downside of the pan and watch the line of where the waste material meets the pan bottom and that way I see what I've missed, either way that gold is different.

Wow! are they still in business?

However 20% gold is extremely rare in natural silver-gold alloys (I have never encountered it) so perhaps it has rarity value.

"Mix crystals containing 30-45% Ag are called electrum; they are almost pure white. Those with about 80% Ag are designated with the rarely encountered name "kustelite"." (Paul Ramdohr (1969): The Ore Minerals and Their Intergrowths)".
Maybe he was talking 5hit, I didn't actually see the xrf readings..

I have to rattle the pan heaps and more frequently to get the colour to the corner.
Somehow that gold escapes my eyes as I'm swirling and walking off, so I walk the water back and forth on the material left in the downside of the pan and watch the line of where the waste material meets the pan bottom and that way I see what I've missed, either way that gold is different.
Yes, it may be technique, although your finishing technique is the same as mine. Gentle rocking back and forward to get the last of the light stuff over the lip. Then a final gentle sideways swirl to see what is there - and if necessary re- concentrate and rock again. However your earlier photos show that your technique seems to be fine.

Latest posts