⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
from my last excursion
Out of curiosity would you (or anyone) happen to know what that white mineral is in that pan? Rather common in my area, and curious if anyone has a name for it apart from white black sand (quite the oxymoron), it seems to be even heavier than black sands but always extremely fine. Oh, and a good gold take, they're some nice bits!

Thought I might add, there is an error in my prototype, when I fix it/upgrade it there will be no use for the secondary scouring/boilers.
This concept won't eliminate the need for the sluice/dream Matt to recovered escapees, but I have a whole new concept that will!

Well done...long time since I seen one of those coins 😀.
Back in 1979 we used to place a cent in the hole that we found a nugget at a depth that we could just hear it knowing it was there. Manage to take a mate to a lot of those sights years later and most of the cents were still there 15 years later even with later detectors.

You're not going to believe this DD...but she managed to stick that whole friggin' bunch into the back of the troopie for the return trip home :eek: ....good thing I only got 23 grams of gold as my springs were rely suffering.Cheers Wal. :)
Lol mate that's classic road tripping dragging your arse there and back!LOL bet it was great 😊

Finally got out to the creek today after 12 months. Only managed one hour as pumping began again. Was also 37 degrees so the 10 or so pans for 0.03g wasnt terrible given the first 5 were sampling and learning what had changed in the since I was last there. Was good to get out with the little guy and even spotted a Kookaburra having a laugh at us.

Attachments

• pro-tZcm9v9x.jpeg
    pro-tZcm9v9x.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Wow very impressive 20x! Stuff of dreams your running there!
This is my recent camp trip take (1.3g) to an 'ol faithful spot. A lot of ground moved for this. The spot is slowly petering out. It use to be average of 1.4g a day.
Oh well time to get back to prospecting and look for a new spot I think.😁
2 Logs Rnd 14 Camp Dig show 12-02-24.jpg

Latest posts