gold coins ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, not many of those come out of the ground but every one wants one. Where did you find it?

Each coin will have a correct weight, a worn one may be slightly under weight.

I would prefer that you posted a photo and let the masses decide or you could take it to a jeweller or coin dealer to test to be 100% certain.

i was thinking exactly the same thing. i mean anyone can say that.
and anyone can post a photo of a coin thats not theres.
comes down to boredom and attention seeking. unless someone actually did find a gold coin.
is it an old 2 $ gold coin?

mfdes said:
The bad English rings alarm bells.

treasureman said:
i was thinking exactly the same thing. i mean anyone can say that.
and anyone can post a photo of a coin thats not theres.
comes down to boredom and attention seeking.

I reckon you two blokes owe Scampa an apology. He's an established PA member who's asking a perfectly sensible question in his own way.

In contrast to Wally69's very helpful response, these grammar nazi and armchair psychologist replies are offensive, uncalled for and downright rude.

If you can post a photo both the obverse and reverse I will give you a good idea of it's value, as a collector of many coins. Also with lots of contacts in the Numismatics here in Vic, NSW and WA.
cheers db

I took the time to have a look at your other posts, and I have to apologise as well.
More information or a picture would help.

grubstake said:
these grammar nazi and armchair psychologist replies are offensive, uncalled for and downright rude

So a post that could easily be read as trying to sell you something, written in bad English, sets my alarm bells ringing. I'm sure I'm not the only one. I find it curious that you'd find it offensive. Last week's attempt at trying to drum up sales of the GFX 7000 was a dead giveaway for exactly the same reason. I was wrong this time, and I apologise for jumping the gun, but not for speaking my mind.

Rather than tamper with the coin in any way, might be best to take it to a coin dealer or jeweller to get it tested/checked out for authenticity and value. :)

1440804106_20150829_084852.jpg

Latest posts