Aldi detector hunt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mates ring he found, very first session with an Aldi......... BASTARD lol. :D Ah good on him.......

1431681785_20140211_151213.jpg

Cheers Jeff, where I live though in Sydney's Northern Beaches is a very busy place with way too many people, so I guess the amount of finds are related to the large population here.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, there I was, detectinging the dog park again and an old lady was asking me if I'd struck it rich yet......... Anyway while she was bragging about all the pre dec coins she has hoarded away her damn dog pee'd on the coil of the Aldi, doh! Lucky it's water proof.... it washed off but geez I was a bit put of my game after that.......

1431939710_20150518_185544.jpg

1431939710_20150518_185551.jpg

1431939710_20150518_185604.jpg

You know when you start detecting an oval and think to yourself that someone has already beaten you to it??? Well I had that feeling this arvo as things were going a bit slow...... Then I hit silver, a 1946 Threepence. Then decided to hit the tree line and the Aldi struck gold, pretty much last target of the day, I knew I was overdue for a gold ring........ With a small ruby also, which is genuine, it flouresces a nice bright hot pink under UV light. Stoked!

As Sa Bogan and Paul Marr would say "Gold Baby"! :D

1432800717_20150528_180534.jpg

1432800717_20150528_180601.jpg

1432800717_20150528_180718.jpg

Goldpick said:
Nice ring, and well deserved. Looks like a pretty old ring, are there any hallmarks indicating where it was made? :)

Cheers GP, no hallmarks relating to origin, just has 9ct stamped in it. My friend said the same that it looks old, said her grandfather had a very similar one. It's a pretty old oval/park with quite a bit of junk, will need a better detector to really clean it out properly. The aldi has a very slow recovery speed after pinging junk.

That UV light has been getting a workout lately. :cool:

I don't think I am telling fibs when I say, those ALDIs are the best value for money coin/relic detectors on the market. You just keep on proving the point.

Well done Heath

So true, not many seen for resale. Could be an indication of their value to the purchaser or just considered a throw-away ???

ALDI have had them in store twice, so their should be thousands out there, somewhere.

Wally69 said:
That UV light has been getting a workout lately. :cool:

I don't think I am telling fibs when I say, those ALDIs are the best value for money coin/relic detectors on the market. You just keep on proving the point.

Well done Heath

Thanks mate, was in the zone today, even after a slow start I felt I should just keep going. The Aldi job punches way above it's weight for a cheap detector, it really keeps amazing me. It has it's shortcomings but keeps bringing home the bacon.

Sometimes though I think it can just be your lucky day and you just land on good targets.

As soon as I put the UV on it I knew it was a Ruby, had that unmistakeable "Pigeon Blood" colour that only a Ruby can possess.

Heatho, what settings you running it on? Can you please show a screenshot of the panel?

Latest posts