More SDC 2300 water hunting finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got very lucky yesterday morning, shallow water hunting outside several small local beach entrances. I found gold and silver jewelry at the first three sites I walked to, then at the last one I hit the jackpot. Working the sand bar slope when I got a subtle change in the threshold, a few scoops later
I was quite happy I chose to wear my brown shirts. The target turned out to be a platinum ladies ring with 1.5 carat diamond!! I am going to get this baby appraised and post the value. The three gold rings before this find are, 18K wedding band, 18K white gold with ice and small 10K with ice.
HH Gary
1406549632_sunday_1.jpg
1406549651_sunday_2.jpg
1406549670_sunday_3.jpg

Thanks for posting.

Your gonna excite a few of the guys on here.

Very nice finds. I am impressed.

For educational purposes though you should show the amount of trash you find as well.

Wolfau said:
Thanks for posting.

Your gonna excite a few of the guys on here.

Very nice finds. I am impressed.

For educational purposes though you should show the amount of trash you find as well.

You got that right, it was an education digging a ton of trash, hard to believe how much junk is in the ocean close to shore.

Thanks for sharing Gary.

I think the 8" coil is perfect for water detecting due to the lack of water resistance
compared to a larger coil.

Is there a way to discriminate?

Gary is the master and we know it, but we can easy go this way ;) And use some prescius informations ;)

Sweet finds- fell bad for the lady who lost that ring..ouch.

Were u using a sand scoop or snorkelling when you found these?

LJ

Nice finds Gary. :D

I am going to get this baby appraised and post the value.

Just in case you are unaware of it you don't want to fall foul of the theft by finding laws in Australia, they take it very seriously.

Anything of value like Rings that are found need to be handed into your local Police. Just remember to get a receipt for them. They will advertise them and try to find the owner. After 90 days they are yours if unclaimed.

Cheers,

Grant

LJ said:
Sweet finds- fell bad for the lady who lost that ring..ouch.

Were u using a sand scoop or snorkelling when you found these?

LJ

More than likely it would of been insured, you be nuts not to.

Latest posts