Depth of AT Pro on a 50% silver Florin 1946

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muttering

meika
Reaction score
1384657673_florin1946.png

Now this was after a few days of the heaviest rain we have had in Hobart.... But it was at a depth of about 35cm. Of which 30cm was very wet pine bark mulch, and not at all dense, I was scooping it with my hands. The other 5cm was fine muddy loam, except I am sure this coin was a redeposit from playground installation in the late 1990s.

What I learnt from this find is that avoiding the regularly rotary hoed pine bark mulch around playground equipment is no longer necessary. 8)

It was a very clear and not particularly faint signal.

;)

also dug a near 50cm hole including mulch and sand which fell into the hole like digging at the beach near the water line, directly after this florin, it was about 80cm wide hole in the mulch to keep it out, hoping for more silver, but it was just some lolly box foil wrapper, and very thin, but there was rivers of water flowing through the small park.

Nice coin mate, I love finding Silvers.

Just on your last post though, are you saying you dug a 80cm wide hole in public park? :eek:, you may want to work on your pinpointing skills.

The way I read it is that the mulch kept caving into the hole that's why it had to be so big...All the same lucky you didn't loose a kid in there... :lol: :lol:

the mulch and sand, the water just brought the sand in like a puddle at the beach, did we just have some rain!

Latest posts