Jack Lange special on eBay old stock new in box

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
eBay have a new old stock Jack Lange Special for $150 post free on offer.
Are these as bad as some people sugest a rebadged Chinese low cost detector or were they in fact retweaked and improved for Australian conditions?
I have ordered one and will see how it runs, I can only compare it with my bounty hunter tk4 or my whites coinmaster 5000d s3.
So no high end machines in the comparison and all cost between 80$(Whites) and 200$ ( Tk4). I will try to update in 2-3 weeks.
Blackgreg

Hi I think this has a bit of a learning curve that I am still exploring. I tried it on the lawn and it seemed to find things an inch or two deeper that my Bounty Hunter tracker 4 and ground balanced fairly easily, on the beach the ground balance seems hard to set up and required frequent attention, the tracker has auto ground balance and is much easier to use. I will try again I amsureI am missing something important on the set up, the instruction are very vague and not much help.
At the moment the Tracker is the easier machine to use but at $300 costs twice as much. Headphones are a must for both machines for me but I have poor hearing. Both machines pinpoint fairly easily.
I like the build quality of both machines but the Jack Lange seems more robust and battery installation is far better than the tracker. Both machines are light and easy to swing.
I only had two hours with the Jack Lange so my technique may improve with more experience found today, 6 crown tops 2-6 deep, $2 4 deep, cents,10 4 deep,2x cents 20, 2 and 5 deep, 2 tent pegs 8 hole, and a fishing hook 5 hole, coke can 10 deep.
This compares to my experience with the tracker but required more playing with the ground balance.
I run both machines in the all metal mode and sensitivity as high as it will stand,I dig every thing.
Note to myself I must get a sand scoop

Blackgreg

Hi my conclusion is while it does a job there is better value out there. The Bounty hunter is far easier to use, on looks I preferred the Jack Lange and it seems to be better quality but overall the TK 4 is easier to use

Thanks Silver it is a mediocre detector and a disappointment I was hoping for something better with the Jack Lange name to my mind not worth the original $300 but probably worth $ 100-120
Blackgreg

From memory the Jack Lange Special was just a Chinese import with some changes claimed to more suit our mineralised ground - may have had an expanded ground balance range over the stock item.

Jack Lange Special Reviisited
Hi I went to the beach today taking my x terra 705 and the Jack Lange special, I had a very poor day our beaches at Budgewoi are perhaps to clean.
I played around with the jack Lange and found the only spenadables of the day with it along with the usual bottle tops and some fish hooks
The coins were in the 4 to 6 inch depth range
The fish hooks were 5 to 7 inch depth
And the bottle tops 0 to 7 inch
The condions were dry beach sand just above the high tide line to the base of the dunes
I ground balanced frequently, you do this by holding the pinpoint button down and turning the go knobs down till you get a barely audilble chattering signal the disc control does work but I hunt in all metal
The x terra produced nothing much today just a collection of bottle tops, tent pegs, press studs at 8 inches, toy car and hair clips.
I still dont know quite what to make of the Jack Lang in some ways I prefer it to my Bounty Hunter TK4
The beaches I go to are not great producers as they are quiet even in peak periods unlike Bondi etc

I bought a Jack Lang special from flea'bay about 4 years ago and I think I paid about $70 for it..
Use it in the parks for coins and what ever it turns up..
Been a great machine for the price and over the years its probably paid for its self with spendable's and some silver jewellery.
:perfect:

1555488706_1438147927_image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts