Gold Rat Highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The new toy has arrived. A big shout out and thank you to Dustin of Gold Rat Highbankers. Can't wait to get some water flowing over that Dream Mat.
1468408380_image.jpg

1468408409_image.jpg

1468408438_image.jpg

MikeB05 said:
Keano,

That's a great set up. I really like the design and the legs. What type/volume pump are you going to run??

Great job Dustin. :)

Hey Mike. I will be running a 3700gph bilge pump, which gives me plenty of water. The benefit of this set up is it allows me to run it out in the filed and also have a set up at home for other clean ups. You can pick them up on ebay for around $60-$70.

Looks good, I really like the arrangement of the chute at the bottom of the top hopper, which directs dirt from the classifier into the back of sluice. I'm not sure about the mesh and moss? in the top hopper, I'll be interested to hear how it goes.

Mesh and moss is extremely important in a hopper to aid in clay destruction. Its super effective mate and alot of gold will settle in here. Been tried and tested over 100 plus highbankers. Its good stuff try it in your own box sometime. Its a raised expanded metal thats been rolled and galv dipped

KEZZ said:
Wow all this time on here and i just found the LIKE button... What is the asking price of the banker Keano..?

hey KEZZ Keano is too busy out playing with his new toy :)

you can checkout the outback pioneer series highbankers here http://highbanker.com.au/collections/pioneer-highbanker-series

the 8 inch is 1200 long and comes standard with the dream mat, $625 plus freight. we are now offering Afterpay as a service as well whihc allows people to apply for a 2 week payment plan. its a deal ive done with a finance company that doesn't cost my customer anything, i pay them a small commission for supporting my customers, not much more than paypal takes for online purchases.

here's a few pictures of all the components that go into assembly minus some bolts and washers, excuse the mess in my office shes a bit of a shambles but does the job.

1468651310_8_inch_components.jpg

1468651310_gold_rat_hopper.jpg

1468651311_hoppers.jpg

To right len, looks like another banker for me. Convert walbanker for gems and this for gold. Plus new detector my tax check is already spent lol

KEZZ said:
Ahh so thats where my money went beagleboy haha
Yes mate. :) This one suits my kind of prospecting better. The walbanker is great but I don't look for gems. I am sure it will serve you well as it did to me.

I took mine out for the first time yesterday. I have the 10" unit and could not be happier. I run it with WX15 Honda on about 3/4 throttle.
It eats dirt fast, smashes clay efficiently and at the end you are left with two handfuls of cons. About 40% of gold gets trapped in the hopper and the rest does not go past the 3 top rifles.
I also like the legs. I was bit worried about getting material stuck in there and not being able to move them. After using it I realised there is no way that could happen. Great design.
It's a beast and it works exactly as advertised. Considering what you are getting, the price is an absolute bargain. This unit is as good if not better than anything I have seen anywhere in the world.
Great job Dustin.

KEZZ said:
Wow all this time on here and i just found the LIKE button... What is the asking price of the banker Keano..?

Sorry mate haven't been on PA for a bit. I see Dustin has helped you out.
I couldn't agree more with Beagleboy, awesome piece of gear and I would recommend one to anyone.

Here's a pic of it set up in the yard washing some material. You will see there's a budding prospector helping me out. :D :D
1468802858_image.jpeg

Latest posts