Ned Kelly

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just found out from a cousin of mine who has researched our family history that I am related to the Kelly family.My great,great,great Grandmother 's nephew Tom Lloyd married Neds sister Maggie Kelly and later on marriedSteve Harts sister Rachel Hart.My GGG Grandmothers brothers John and Thomas were Neds uncles.Tom Lloyd was said to be the so called 5th member of the Kelly gang,not a member as such but he was a sympathiser who helped them to remain on the run and he was eventually arrested for doing so.
1468340729_image.jpeg

What a fascinating discovery Eldorado - that's be worth a few free beers at the pub I reckon. Family history is my other obsession and you'll never get to the end of the story :D

Oh! and nowadays we refer to couples in a common-law relationship as being in a defacto relationship.

casper

Tom Lloyd is my great grandfather its funny how it works as I now live in glenrowan doing metal sculptures. I have just finished a ned sculpture that will be placed in glenrowan. You can see this on Facebook at narras art

This definitely came as a shock,always had a bit of a fascination with Ned and bushrangers in general.Narra,I guess that means you and I are related as well, any chance of posting a picture of your sculpture on here as I don't do Facebook.I will be heading back to Glenrowan one day.

Narra,the sculpture looks great. You don't work in the Glenrowan blacksmiths Shop in Siege st just near where the Glenrowan Inn was do you?If you do I spoke to you in September 2013.

No you must of meet that guy just before he necked himself . I have been trying to lease the blacksmith been empty awhile now

Oh.Thats terrible. I had a good yack with him about the Kelly armour,he was knocking up a replica set ,very interesting to watch a blacksmith at work.

Latest posts