My best find yet

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My best find yet an 1853 penny found just outside Bendigo 20mts from the car ,just go,s to show what has been missed as this area has been well detected over the years not gold but still good.

1439782379_008.jpg

What an absolute beauty. Well done. Just think of the events that were taking place in this country around about the time that coin was dropped.

Thanks for the input guys think i will leave it as is, it took a hundred years or so to get it to look like it is now don,t think I would feel right about stripping it history.

Pirate

keep Swinging

You can clean it with Cilit Bang or lemon juice will help and polish it with Tooth paste with a rag, or get a battery charger and a Tupperware container get a strip of Alfoil say 4"x 8" and use one of the lead clamps to hold the foil to the edge of the container with the main part of the foil laying flat against the bottom of the tray and lay the coin on the foil and clip the other clamp on the other end of the tray and fill it with water so it comes just about 1/4 or so up the clamps and turn the battery charger on low or to about 4 Amps on the setting dial and just watch and it will come up like New, Ok.

Do not walk of and leave it cooking on its own, you wont get a belt if you put your fingers in the water but if you have any cracks on your fingers it will tingle a little if you put your hand in there when it is switched on, OK

so don't panic alright, good luck,, John

Latest posts