top 10 detectors under 2500 ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would put The TDI's in that group
GMT Goldmaster
MXT All Pro
The Gold Bug II
ANY of the SD/GP Series
and the Garrett Infinium,
and the Xterra Range
and the F75 LTD
Along with the Nokta and Racer

For fine gold the GMT and the GB II
and the MXT in medium to hot ground

IN Hot Ground
For Small to Large Gold I would go with the TDI Pro and SL
For Small to Large Very Deep Gold I would Go with the GP series
and the Infinium

For around Mining camps and Tailing Piles I would go with the
MXT,
F75
Xterra
and the Nokta/Racer's

gold420 said:
Thanks mate :) very helpful..now I have a rough idea of what models to look into!

Each and Every machine has served us all well over the years, and they all will for years to come so you cant go wrong.

I'll break it up in 2 groups, new & second hand, all $2500 or less.

NEW:

1. Whites TDI S/L
2. Whites SPP
3. Eureka Gold
4. Whites GMT
5. Fisher Gold Bug 2 (mild ground) or Whites MXT (medium ground)

Haven't used a Fors Gold but that could potentially be in the above list.

USED:

1. GP 3500
2. GP 3000/extreme (usually same price)
3. SD2200 D or V2
4. SD2100 v2 or e
5. Whatever you can find/is on the market from the top list, and throw in an XT18000, Goldmaster VSat or 3 or 4B, Tesoro Lobo or Diablo or Dingo

This is quite possibly a better thread than asking "what detector" for under $2500... Although it's possibly been covered in many threads already, this way from multiple persons opinions you may see a pattern form. I cannot help with a list but I brought a TDI pro oz and with limited use (and experience) I've picked up a few small bits already, as small as .15g so definately sensitive enough... that's where my vote would go. New they're just above your budget but I got mine 2yrs old in as new condition with a few coils and all purchase receipts for $1800, and they do come up cheaper so second hand well within the price range.

Latest posts